PDA

View Full Version : DZ30 cracked pistons

BoojaBear
6th June 2013, 11:10 AM
I have a 2003 3l turbo diesel standard. Had bubbles in the coolant. Got the head removed to do the head gasket. Found cracked head and cracked pistons.
What do I need to do to stop this from happening again?

taslucas
6th June 2013, 11:12 AM
I have a 2003 3l turbo diesel standard. Had bubbles in the coolant. Got the head removed to do the head gasket. Found cracked head and cracked pistons.
What do I need to do to stop this from happening again?

Hi mate. As I said in your introduction, have a search for NADS. It stands for Nissan Anti Detonation System. It is a series of steps you can take to prolong the life of the zd30 engine and stop it from "detonating".

Sig test. android, MC version 2.4.7.11

threedogs
6th June 2013, 11:16 AM
Fitting a manual boost controller will stop this happening, it takes all thinking away from the ECU and you control how much boost.
After your rebuild highly recommend NADS , as per other thread check archives on NADS written by Chaz Yellowfoot {guru} on
this subject, heaps of pics easy to follow instructions as well.. First rebuild if thats your wish, start getting your NADS together.
Best thing you can ever do, highly recommend.

june
6th June 2013, 06:11 PM
i must agree with 3D. do yourself and your patrol a favour and do the nads. the worry of driving and watching those 2 important gauges [boost/pyro get them if you have not got them yet] ] go to danger levels. its not 100% but you will sleep better at night knowing you have done the best for your zd30. go the nads!