PDA

View Full Version : cas-gord

cas-gord
27th December 2010, 04:21 PM
New to the Forum. Had since new 2002 gu turbo patrol overheats going up big hills towing 3 tone c/van, airconditioning cuts out services all done, been doing it since new, would oil cooler or intercooler help?

MQ MAD
27th December 2010, 04:30 PM
Welcome aboard

3 tonne towing i think most things would generated excess heat while pulling up hills , regardless of engine size
When was the last time the radiator was flushed (rodded is the best method,not a hose)
3 Tonne , is that beyond its factory towing recommendations for the car and its motor ???

Woof
27th December 2010, 05:47 PM
Welcome Cas, enjoy the forum mate..............just ask your question again here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?34-General-Mechanical-Discussions. as not all of our members read the Intro section.

wildgu6
27th December 2010, 06:06 PM
Welcome to Trol town buddy,
Good to see you on board the best forum around, and that it is.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
As the mad Q said, I think most things would generate excess heat while pulling up hills.
My GU 2.8Ti gets pretty damn warm climbing long hills on the open roads, but as soon as start the decline she cools pretty quick again.
You should get the answers your after in the mechanical discussion section.
Dont forget to pop past members rides as well when you get a chance and post a few pics of your rig, We love checkin out pics around here.
(dont forget to block out reg #)

Good luck buddy, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you and the family are having a safe xmas.

Cheers Pete

DX grunt
27th December 2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome cas-gord.

What state and area/do you live in

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
27th December 2010, 07:53 PM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Finly Owner
27th December 2010, 09:47 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House.

Tell us some more about where you're from.

Some things that may help reduce heating problems. Reverse flush radiator and refill with quality coolant not cheap watered-down cra. Make sure fan blades are in good order and belt is in non-slip condition. Make sure you have good air flow through radiator (ie no overly large spotties) blocking air through grill area.

Also I like some others question pulling 3t continually, what other weight are you carrying in the patrol as well? Your Patrol approx 2.5t + 3t van + tools,. etc in draws etc.

Lots of people forget to add all this weight as it could be in range of 6 - 6.5t all up.

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2010, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Post your location up at the members map thread 2 when u get a chance, so i can add u 2 the members map.

Cheers

Todd