PDA

View Full Version : Geocaching And Munzee!

Teamdjbilo
3rd June 2013, 12:52 AM
Hi All

Thought I would throw it out there and try find out how many people do Geocaching or munzeeing while out and about with their patrols.

I obviously do both and have quiet a lot of fun doing them, the challenge mainly for Geocaching is just amazing trying to hunt and find them and the place's they take you is unbelievable.

My name for both is as my name here "Teamdjbilo" a lot of our trips around the place revolve around one or both of these.

Would like to know some names of those involved if you are maybe might see you around the place?

For those that do not know what I am on about I have attached the links below to which will help explain well worth it and great fun for the kids, not that I have any kids yet, but am an ex scout helper and scout myself that has seen lots of scouts getting into this over the past few years.

Geocaching
http://www.geocaching.com/

Me personally I prefer the world site for Geocaching as has few more features and has a lot more caches on this rather than the Australia one which lacks some caches. Both are great sites and feel free to make a decision for yourself.

Munzee
http://www.munzee.com/

Now all tho this revolves more around phone signal area and not quiet as challenging as Geocaching this is still time filling and fun for all ages.

Hope to hear from some users for both or maybe encourage those looking for something to do on the weekends maybe share some pictures ect.

This is us Geocaching in January great day out and found some challenging times.

pearcey
3rd June 2013, 09:49 AM
G`day guys
I`ve been doing Geocashing for around 8 to10 years now on both the world and Aust sites.
Have found some very interesting places which I would not have gone to if not for this sport .
Found the settlement where my ancestors first lived and then got interested in Genealogy, one thing leads to another.
Now I know why alcohol plays a big part in my life, the Barrosa valley was a great place to settle.
As we do a lot of traveling and now days we have more time I check both site and note the caches that are along the route and in the areas where we are camped up.

Teamdjbilo
4th June 2013, 09:43 AM
I haven't done much caching in SA but as for east coast of Australia and around WA here we go.

My brother in law and me actually took off for a 5 day easter trip a few years back and think we traveled about 2500km Geocaching in those days. Pretty sure we got close to 40 each day so it added up. But definitely some really good places we seen just from memory the tin horse highway was a delight.

Never know we may be stopping through there some day in the future especially with the way everyone it talking about the round Australia trip sometime in the next year or two.