PDA

View Full Version : Computer failure 2007 Patrol auto

fs1952
1st June 2013, 06:14 PM
I have what appears to be a complete computer failure on 2007 Patrol auto. Early intermittent symptoms glow plug light not illuminating on cold starts. Later the loss of fuel pressure in fuel line. Then the faults become consistent. Further symptom when idling engine would not rev when accelerator is pressed. Now the engine will not start and when computer diagnostic reader is plugged in it will not read the computer. Several other diagnostic reader where used with the same result. Appears computer is not responding.

This a quick summary of the issues, wonder if anyone has experience or heard of this or any clues.

Thanking in advance of responses

NP99
2nd June 2013, 09:17 PM
This is a wild arse guess.....what about disconnecting the battery for a while, reconnect and see if anything improves. Can't hurt until others with greater wisdom come along.

taslucas
3rd June 2013, 05:06 PM
This is a wild arse guess.....what about disconnecting the battery for a while, reconnect and see if anything improves. Can't hurt until others with greater wisdom come along.

Yep id say it's worth a try. Leave the battery disconnected over night and see if it clears any issues

Sig test. android, MC version 2.4.7.11

threedogs
3rd June 2013, 06:07 PM
X 2 with above comments also check /change fuel filter,
check fuel lines, clean MAF, Check all earths. Spray all connectors with CRC or similar disconnect and spray then reconnect
Clean battery terminals scotch brite. All little things

NP99
3rd June 2013, 06:15 PM
X 2 with above comments also check /change fuel filter,
check fuel lines, clean MAF, Check all earths. Spray all connectors with CRC or similar disconnect and spray then reconnect
Clean battery terminals scotch brite. All little things

I forgot about earthing, that accounts for so many problems too.

happygu
3rd June 2013, 07:03 PM
It's not a faulty main battery is it?

fs1952
4th June 2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you for all the responses. I have disconnected power an change filters. I will check all the other recommendations. When fault is fixed I let the thread know the cause.

Cheers

One disabled Patrol

happygu
4th June 2013, 11:07 PM
FS,

There is a CR ECU on Ebay at the moment, going pretty cheap....not sure if it is the Manual or Auto, but just thought I would let you know.

Search Patrol CRD and you will find it.

Mic

fs1952
27th June 2013, 09:12 PM
FS,

There is a CR ECU on Ebay at the moment, going pretty cheap....not sure if it is the Manual or Auto, but just thought I would let you know.

Search Patrol CRD and you will find it.

Mic

Finally found a compatible computer for the GU and problem fixed. Being an auto the computers are hard to come by. Not shore what was wrong with old one, however being off the road for six weeks, now ready to travel.