PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Trolling82
1st June 2013, 12:43 PM
Can anyone help me took my 2000 GU patrol turbo into chip it for a 3" exhaust and chip on day 3 they told me its gone into limp mode with fault code 2480 can not find that code any where
P7-F/INJ TIMG FB
they say its a fuel problem had no dramas when I drove there

Can anyone shed some light really wanted to take her out this weekend

Cheers macca

threedogs
1st June 2013, 12:59 PM
Appears you need to NAD your Patrol, For now disconnect battery for 1/2 an hour.
By fitting bigger exhaust you're getting more boost, this needs to be controlled via a DAWES valve.
Check the search engine and read what Chaz Yellowfoot[guru] has written on this subject. First you'll need to fit a pillar
pod or similar with an EGT and Boost guage, then you can monitor all changes in boost etc that are happening with your mods.
Great peace of mind and highly recommend for all Direct injection ZD30s,
You can drive it but if you push it it'll over boost evey time, PM Mudski as I think he may have DAWES and Needle valves in Stock.
But first you need to fit guages

happygu
1st June 2013, 01:16 PM
You could wind the boost back a little to get by for the weekend, but you really need guages to check what you are adjusting.

Mic

Trolling82
1st June 2013, 04:07 PM
Have a boost and EGT in already the car is still in the shop
All they told was it keeps getting the fault code

threedogs
1st June 2013, 06:16 PM
Your bigger exhaust has caused the limp mode saga or over boost, by disconnecting battery the ECU will re set.
NADS is a very common mod for all Di motors, Short term you could turn down boost until you have your NADS all together
Not thinking again, grab yourself a DAWES and install it Rule of thumb is about 10psi at 2000rmp,,by installing NADS you are
by passing the ECU and you control how much boost. Fit small S/S washers in dawes to increase boost[increasing spring pressure] ,that way when you hit over boost just remove last washer,easy,
Needle valve will controll spool up speed.
Catch can needs to be fitted as well, and give your MAF sensor a decent spray, SCA or Jaycar sell MAF sensor cleaner.
this may be throwing up codes as well, MAF is just to left of airfilter box ,held in place with 2 x torque screws
I'd be giving that a big spray, make sure dry before reinstalling don't touch wire with fingers, . might be time to remove and clean IC as well.
Waffling on a bit but basically fit Dawes/needle, clean MAF and IC with battery disconnected, put it back together, thinking you should be ok but for some fine tuning

Trolling82
1st June 2013, 10:22 PM
Being a shop that fit this everyday they could fix it
I have a boost control on there, EGR blanking plate,catch can
Have not driven the car since its still in the shop
I have looked everywhere for the code they gave me but can not find it
They said the code is 2480

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matty_D
3rd June 2013, 06:48 PM
if your turning boost up make sure to get an EGR as well, old mate didnt and Melt the dump pipe on his GU, boosted it to 20psi without EGR and again... melted his dump...

i didnt think it would of caused an issue, but it warped it and in turn created a leak.

Brisat
3rd June 2013, 10:41 PM
Must of been a shit bit of metal to do that

Trolling82
4th June 2013, 11:28 PM
Hi guys got more info on the code CHIP IT is getting P7-F/INJ TIMG FB

They say if they keep the revs up its fine as soon as they take it off it cuts out

If the fuel pump is stuffed it wont start am I right in saying that

Can any one shed some light on this for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk