PDA

View Full Version : Needle valve

UK-Rushy
30th May 2013, 11:01 PM
Hi

I have an 08 patrol that's getting pretty decent boost spikes at low rpm/low accelerator due to exhaust and egr block so I'm installing a needle valve, I was wondering while I am waiting for taipan to get back to me about an intercooler elbow, is it possible to use a vacuum line from where the map sensor fits into the intercooler as the boost line for the dawes valve? I have an adapter on the map sensor at the moment for a boost gauge

Cheers

WYLD333
31st May 2013, 06:23 PM
Shouldn't b getting boost spikes with the Dawes valve installed

Rumcajs
31st May 2013, 08:50 PM
There is no vacuum line on the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure aka boost )sensor or inter-cooler for that matter. Its boost pressure there. Dawes valve and needle valve are two different things
Which one you are after? Dawes valve will keep max boost under control and needle valve will keep turbo spool up rate linear and at constant rate of your choosing (fast/ slow)Follow the vacuum line from turbo actuator to discover where the turbo control solenoid is(under/near airbox/resonator). There is your vacuum line you'll need for needle valve. See pic and diagram bellow.