PDA

View Full Version : DP Chip on Patrol CRD 2011 - Actual Performance Dyno Test

Albertsol
30th May 2013, 08:07 PM
Hi All,
I don’t often post on any forum, but thought this would be valuable for those thinking about which Chip to install on their 3.0lt CRD Patrols. Over recent months I did considerable research on both $100 chips and $1500 chips -- and ended up buying a Berrima DP Chip to fit to my vehicle, mainly because of the stated support should anything go wrong and the performance increase. My vehicle is a 2011 CRD Patrol with 34000KM, totally standard including wheels and tyres. The DP Chip I bought was a 2 year old unit out of a 2009 CRD Patrol in excellent condition and still under DP Chip's 5 year warranty. On 5-5-13 it was sent to Berrima for testing and calibration specifically for a 3.0lt CRD Patrol.

When I got it back I had it installed by Diesel-Tec in Lilydale. At the same time (so I had objective evidence of performance) I had the vehicle dyno tested as standard, prior to fitting the chip - then dyno tested with the chip set on the recommended setting 5 - then setting 7 - then setting 9 (maximum). Each test consisted of three dyno runs and the most consistent result was taken. Before dyno testing, Diesel-Tec checked oil, air filter, turbo boost (14psi) and other required checks prior to dyno.

The DP Chip literature states the following gains in power and torque respectively -- 118KW increases to 136KW ---- and 354NM increases to 423NM. I understand that this is at the flywheel, but I was looking at the increase as a percentage, which experts agree should translate directly at the rear wheels, as a percentage.

Needless to say I am having a little trouble with my DP Chip and I am currently trying to work on a solution with Berrima Diesel in NSW. I will post again as we progress -- Cheers.

Anyone else experience similar?? -- Any suggestions on a fix?

The Dyno results are as follows;

---------------------------------Power KW--------------------------------------Torque NM
Standard---------------------80-------------------------------------------------779
DP Chip Setting 5------------79= 1.25% Decrease---------------------------803= 3.1% Increase
DP Chip Setting 7------------85= 6.25% Increase----------------------------793= 1.8% Increase
DP Chip Setting 9------------90= 12.5% Increase----------------------------806= 3.5% Increase

growler2058
30th May 2013, 08:54 PM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app