PDA

View Full Version : Uniden 7760

4X4MUD
30th May 2013, 02:53 AM
Guys, I'm going crazy and gonna pull my hair out... I have had 3 radios and 3 antennas replaced and still can't understand it... I now have the latest uniden radio and big fat white 6db antenna and can't seem to pick up much... I have ran the cb radio direct to battery and have my antenna on the arb bullbar and still nothing... Can someone please shed some light towards this issue. Thanks so much guys.

taslucas
30th May 2013, 07:24 AM
How is the aerial mounted to the bullbar? Sometimes I think they need to earth through the mounting point.
How are you testing it?
Is it an issue with 40 channel vs 80 channel?

Bloodyaussie
30th May 2013, 08:19 AM
Did you solder the end plug yourself or is it one of those ready threaded ones??

Do not under any circumstances use the radio when no aerial is attached??

taslucas
30th May 2013, 08:43 AM
Do not under any circumstances use the radio when no aerial is attached??

Why is this BA?

sent from my phone using motor culture

4X4MUD
30th May 2013, 08:49 AM
Guys, Antenna is always attached. Its been earthed because it picks up some stuff and i have tested the ends on the plug and its not touching anywhere in side of the cable because its reading correct. I have done everything right and im sure its something small

the evil twin
30th May 2013, 11:03 AM
Are you in Greenvale Victoria or Greenvale Qld?
Have you tried asking for radio checks on channel 40?
Have you tried sending/recieving to a mate who is close by?
Have you opened the squelch or selected "mon" so that there is no filtering of any signals and you get full RF?
What brand and model antennas have you tried?

Obviously it cannot be the set (3) the antenna assuming you are using ground independant (3) or the power if you are now going to the battery.

Rather than spend any more big bucks... invest in a SWR meter and measure the power output of the set and the reflected power coming back. They are pretty easy to use bit of test kit.

4X4MUD
31st May 2013, 05:50 AM
Guys, Im in greenvale vic and have did a few radio test calls on channel 40 and like i said, it picks up some stuff but not everything. Squelch is set to 1 and i also tried 0-5 and its all the same. I think im going to take it to a cb shop and get them to fix it and pay the fees... Nothing else can be done.