PDA

View Full Version : Custom fabrication of 4x4 equipment.

MEGOMONSTER
29th May 2013, 05:37 PM
I have found a fabricator close to home and am wondering if any one on the forum knows if them, or dealt with them and their experiences.
Here is a link to their website.
http://www.creativeoffroad.com.au/
I am interested in getting a rear bar made, as I don't want to pay $4k for a Kaymar or ARB rear bar.

But I don't want to go to a dud either.
I've never heard of them till now, but it seems they like to talk themselves up, mentioning that the Melb 4x4 show organisers rang them to say they want them at the show and have a stall reserved for them.

Who knows what to believe.
I will go in and have a chat with them, problem is finding the time as I have a busy 2-3 weeks in front of me.

Part 2: who have you used and what did you have done.

MudRunnerTD
29th May 2013, 05:46 PM
Hey Mego,

I have never heard of them mate.

give these guys a call though. I have seen Kris's rear bar on his GU8 and its a bloody winner mate!

http://www.raslarrengineering.com.au/

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/krimnl/gubar.jpg

looks pretty neat i think. made in Mt Evelyn. NissHead has had his fitted for near 12 months now i think?

MEGOMONSTER
29th May 2013, 05:50 PM
Hey Mego,

I have never heard of them mate.

give these guys a call though. I have seen Kris's rear bar on his GU8 and its a bloody winner mate!

http://www.raslarrengineering.com.au/

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/krimnl/gubar.jpg

looks pretty neat i think. made in Mt Evelyn. NissHead has had his fitted for near 12 months now i think?

I will give them a call, however quite a drive to have a chat to, let alone organise the bar if I get one.
Do you know if it was customised or an off the plan/shelf type bar.

MudRunnerTD
29th May 2013, 05:53 PM
Kris drove down and they fitted it to his car for him then he came to a meetup. Looked really good mate, The pic above is just one i found on Google Images but i know the guy that owns that car and he is from Cranbourne or Frankston area (active on MudRhino).

Looked great mate. Not sure on prices but from memory was much cheaper than Kaymar etc.

healy
29th May 2013, 05:53 PM
Go razzlar mate they do really nice work think Chris got his gu rear bar from them also

MEGOMONSTER
25th August 2013, 07:52 PM
Spoke to Raslarr engineering at the show today and I was very impressed with their new upgraded rear bar especially with the interested reverse lights on the bar and the spare tyre arm that open with the door.

boots
25th August 2013, 08:03 PM
What sort of coin Mego . They look great .

MEGOMONSTER
25th August 2013, 08:07 PM
What sort of coin Mego . They look great .

$2400 with dual jerry can and tyre holder
Plus $400 for the door opening mechanism for the wheel arm.
$2800 complete kit.

MEGOMONSTER
5th February 2014, 11:22 PM
The Uneek4x4 stuff look alright with pricing well worth looking at.
Really think I might change my mind on this one.

threedogs
6th February 2014, 07:45 AM
You would want more a dress bar than a full offroad style or am I wrong.
Those Rasslar would look awesome on your Patrol

Gecko17
6th February 2014, 11:20 AM

Don't you do custom barwork 3D?

threedogs
6th February 2014, 11:38 AM
Not set up for bar work, two local shops have hydraulic benders if I need it.
tend to do small one off stuff for ppl.
Did design a fold down pipe rack for a mates ute

MEGOMONSTER
6th February 2014, 02:36 PM

Only want a touring type bar, rather than a full blown offroad tube bar.
The Rasslar bar was my first choose of bar but still open minded.
The Uneek 4x4 rear bar does look good, especially if the door is opened with the rear wheel like the Rasslar bar.
The door opening mech and the reverse light are what sold me on the Rasslar bar which the Uneek I think has both at a cheaper price(why who knows).

mudski
6th February 2014, 10:44 PM
Kris drove down and they fitted it to his car for him then he came to a meetup. Looked really good mate, The pic above is just one i found on Google Images but i know the guy that owns that car and he is from Cranbourne or Frankston area (active on MudRhino).

Looked great mate. Not sure on prices but from memory was much cheaper than Kaymar etc.

Response to an old post but anyway. This guys Patrol now has a TD42Ti in it. I was at his place not long after he fitted the engine. He was the guy I got my leather steering wheel off I believe.

sooty_10
7th February 2014, 09:27 AM
Only want a touring type bar, rather than a full blown offroad tube bar.
The Rasslar bar was my first choose of bar but still open minded.
The Uneek 4x4 rear bar does look good, especially if the door is opened with the rear wheel like the Rasslar bar.
The door opening mech and the reverse light are what sold me on the Rasslar bar which the Uneek I think has both at a cheaper price(why who knows).

I'm in the same boat as you MegoMonster, been looking at the different rear bar options, primarily for touring with a bit of decent offroading (nothing too hardcore). I like the Rasslarr stuff and was thinking of going that way when I do, but after seeing some of the stuff Uneek are putting together will be interesting to see what they finally come out with. I like the idea of been able to retrofit a winch mount in the rear bar if I wanted down the track.

mudski
7th February 2014, 11:30 AM
If they made something in alloy and painted black I'd be in it. Those bars are pretty heavy....

threedogs
7th February 2014, 11:39 AM
good point Mudski why isn't there an alloy rear bar out there ??

mudski
7th February 2014, 12:14 PM
good point Mudski why isn't there an alloy rear bar out there ??

I would assume cost. Using thick alloy to make up a strong bar would be more costly I would think.

BigRAWesty
7th February 2014, 12:53 PM
But to get an alloy bar with the strength of a steel you'll not save any weight..
It'll be thick as hell.
If the rust protection is good then a steel bar will last forever.

MEGOMONSTER
7th February 2014, 01:25 PM
I'm in the same boat as you MegoMonster, been looking at the different rear bar options, primarily for touring with a bit of decent offroading (nothing too hardcore). I like the Rasslarr stuff and was thinking of going that way when I do, but after seeing some of the stuff Uneek are putting together will be interesting to see what they finally come out with. I like the idea of been able to retrofit a winch mount in the rear bar if I wanted down the track.

I think that's how I'm thinking.

mudski
7th February 2014, 05:32 PM
But to get an alloy bar with the strength of a steel you'll not save any weight..
It'll be thick as hell.
If the rust protection is good then a steel bar will last forever.

Strength is what aspect though? I should get my brother onto this. He's an engineer and he'd be able to work it out. Plus is have a mate who welds with alloy and also stainless all day.
Hmm.

BigRAWesty
7th February 2014, 06:22 PM
Strength is what aspect though? I should get my brother onto this. He's an engineer and he'd be able to work it out. Plus is have a mate who welds with alloy and also stainless all day.
Hmm.

You see angles On bars, each angle supplies strength.
Steel takes a bit to buckle, so the angles can withstand a good deal of force.
Alloy is very soft, so although you can have the same angles, the thickness of the steel to stop if from buckling is what changes. From my experience you'd need around 8-10mm thick alloy to get the same sorta strength as a 3mm mild steel.

mudski
7th February 2014, 06:55 PM
See your point there Kallen. Although I would like to one change the rear bumper on mine, I won't be going down the heavy steel rear setup. One day....

BigRAWesty
7th February 2014, 08:49 PM
See your point there Kallen. Although I would like to one change the rear bumper on mine, I won't be going down the heavy steel rear setup. One day....

Yea if your happy with a bit less strength for looks then alloy all the way...