PDA

View Full Version : Out with the Angle Grinder.................Maybe

growler2058
26th May 2013, 05:59 PM
The time has come to make some BIG decisions on Agatha's future!
* Sell her and buy something else?
* Take her off the road and give her some TLC?
* Take her off the road for longer and go to town on her?
She's off the road now, Ive bought a elcheapo commonwhore for a daily...........again!
So I'm thinking extra/king cab chop chop, then GU diffs to widen the track. G/box rebuild, shes crunching down shifting to third. New paint, new chairs etc etc.
Sooooo who's done a body chop like this themselves. Got any links to DIY? Talk me out of it or into it. Oh yeah and if I keep I need to wack a snail on it too:)

Ben-e-boy
26th May 2013, 06:09 PM
Well well well.

GET SOME LONG ARMS!!!!!!!!!!,

Extra cab gets my vote.

threedogs
26th May 2013, 06:10 PM
Yo. Growler Write down two lists, one for total rebuild and advantages of an
extra cab chop, all bells and whistles, diffs etc as opposed to a a 4.2 turbo GU wagon,
Chalk & cheese I'm over modified 4x4s, just get in turn key ,,,,,,,,,,,,,where we going

seen heaps done

Winnie
26th May 2013, 06:10 PM
C'mon G man you can NOT sell her! CHOP IT!

threedogs
26th May 2013, 06:13 PM
he's weakening Winnie, thats the power of the GU

taslucas
26th May 2013, 06:29 PM
You know that if you sold it and bought a GU, you'd only go for a TD42 and you've already got that so may as well keep it. Now take the money you'd spend buying a TD42 GU and think what the q would be like with that amount spent on it.
:-)

Alitis007
26th May 2013, 07:08 PM
Still not a GU.......

growler2058
26th May 2013, 07:13 PM
Doing the chop chop I rekon she'll be off the road for up to 2 years. That means all wheeling will be done in wifes Prado mmmmmm.

So I need to do a shipload of reading to work out where to cut it, the ol measure twice (mayb 100times) cut once, there will be no going back after all.

Still in the thinking stage, and haven't told she who must be obeyed there may be another "project" sitting around

Alitis007
26th May 2013, 07:35 PM
Best bet is to ask an engineer thats local and does the conversions aswell, coz if you neet ti get the certificate and have followed their instructions, most likely they'll sign off on the job. Google image helps but i have seen a few in my area with ute back window sections.

Bloodyaussie
26th May 2013, 07:36 PM
Why do you want to chop the old girl....... you think a bit of plastic surgery and a boob job are going to make you feel better?????

Ben-e-boy
26th May 2013, 07:42 PM
Why do you want to chop the old girl....... you think a bit of plastic surgery and a boob job are going to make you feel better?????

Really Johnno..... Really......yes it will

growler2058
26th May 2013, 07:42 PM

Bloody oath and a new heart (snail)

Bloodyaussie
26th May 2013, 07:55 PM
Ok ok sorry...... please dont hurt me!!!

Seen a couple of awsome chopped rigs round here lately!

BigRAWesty
26th May 2013, 08:54 PM
Sweet.. chop it.. have seriously though about this my self.. all my rust is in the ass end so there's now better way to beat it then to chop it out..

But yes find an engineer to sign off first, and work along side him threw the build..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Ben-e-boy
26th May 2013, 08:56 PM
it done yet?

growler2058
26th May 2013, 09:03 PM
it done yet?

I need guidance on this one
Hacking into the rear 1/4's was no hesitation.
But taking a roof and 3/4 of the body off, that's a bloody big weld to get it back on if I cut it wrong.
So engineers for this. What are they called and where do I find one??

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

taslucas
27th May 2013, 08:05 AM
Nek Minnet!

macca
27th May 2013, 08:39 AM
Good project, wish my ute had a extra cab, a bit of storage behind the seat would be awsome.
Measure 100 cut once...... great idea!!!

89gqpatrol4x4
27th May 2013, 08:01 PM
Still not a GU.......

no EVEN BETTER!

growler2058
27th May 2013, 08:04 PM
Guidance fellas I need guidance!!! Does anyone know anyone whos done this!! If I hack into it an fcuk it upn wife will surely be pi55ed and in will never hear the end of it
Is my Q only something an engineer can answer??

BigRAWesty
27th May 2013, 08:15 PM
I guess find a rear section first.. once you find a style you like and get your grubby mits on it meassure..

But find an engineer first.. just start ringing around to engineering places or drafting places and ask. You'll eventually find a few who will offer services, then work a price out and get a list of things they wanna see, have done, have documented threw the build..

Have a vision. You going tray top, style side or tub?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Winnie
27th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Style side extra cab! Check out Radius Fab's thread, and maybe PM him? His chop is effing sweet! Don't think his is an extra cab though?

growler2058
27th May 2013, 08:36 PM
I want extra cab and tray
Sorry poo not style side! With a decent roll bars too
Bare in mind ill be attempting this all meself

Bloodyaussie
27th May 2013, 08:37 PM
Oooh ooh can I help... I have a hammer!!!!!

taslucas
27th May 2013, 08:37 PM
Bare in mind ill be attempting this all meself

this is the bit that i like the most!! hahahahaha

BigRAWesty
27th May 2013, 08:38 PM
Just had a look on that other site.. seems a few good builds there with some good tips..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

growler2058
27th May 2013, 08:41 PM
Just had a look on that other site.. seems a few good builds there with some good tips..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Bloody hell was hoping I didn't have to look there!!

BigRAWesty
27th May 2013, 11:45 PM
Yea but you can out your build here and be the first chopper..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MudRunnerTD
28th May 2013, 12:05 AM
Growler there are a Heap of guys on TMR that have style side and extra cab cuts. Troll through the members ride section there for some great ideas mate.