PDA

View Full Version : GQ roof lights

4X4MUD
26th May 2013, 12:39 AM
Hi guys, I just wanted to ask how I can pass wiring into the car for rear lights... I'm putting a few light bars on the rear and just need to get the cables into the cabin so I can hook them to a switch. Thanks in advance guys

Shaun 4x4
27th May 2013, 07:42 PM
I was just about to ask the same question but for a GU. sure the answer will be the same

Clunk
27th May 2013, 08:18 PM
Some guys take exit out from the rear passenger side of the bonnet and up between the A pillar and snorkel, then run along your roof cage to the back............

Another way I've seen, is to open up your barn doors and drill a hole under the overlapping part of the body work in front if the door seal and they may have even drilled a hole in the gutter as well, then feeding your cables up under the roof lining some how.

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Winnie
27th May 2013, 08:28 PM
Some guys take exit out from the rear passenger side of the bonnet and up between the A pillar and snorkel, then run along your roof cage to the back............

That's how I'm going to do mine, going to run the cables this week some time.

MudRunnerTD
27th May 2013, 08:33 PM
I have mine entering the B pillar from inside at the floor and back out above the grab handle for the rear passenger where I added and mounted an Anderson plug.

I added an Anderson plug to the light bar and run straight out the top corner of the rear passenger door and up onto the light bar mounted over the B pillar.

Been like that for about 8 years. Does not leak. Does not whistle. No rubbing. No damage. Perfect.

BigRAWesty
27th May 2013, 08:49 PM
I have mine entering the B pillar from inside at the floor and back out above the grab handle for the rear passenger where I added and mounted an Anderson plug.

I added an Anderson plug to the light bar and run straight out the top corner of the rear passenger door and up onto the light bar mounted over the B pillar.

Been like that for about 8 years. Does not leak. Does not whistle. No rubbing. No damage. Perfect.

Pics...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

4X4MUD
27th May 2013, 11:13 PM
Well I drilled a hole where the antenna was on the driver side A pillar and down into the engine bay to the relay. Siliconed the hole and voila :) even if it leaks, it will run into the engine bay and onto the ground.

Clunk
27th May 2013, 11:24 PM
Pics...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)
Pretty sure MR has put some pics up of his set up on someones light bar thread

4X4MUD
31st May 2013, 06:04 AM
Its easy as to do, I did my lights on the roof in like 30 min... Easy as once you get started

Shaun 4x4
31st May 2013, 11:03 AM
You dont have an antena any more?

threedogs
31st May 2013, 11:21 AM
My lightbar is same as MR down the b pillar with 50 amp anderson.

rottodiver
31st May 2013, 11:31 AM
I do mine slightly different.... I run from a relay in my engine bay and run it in the chassis rail to the back of the car up to the lights and I run my switch wire through the firewall to the relay......

Scotty

rottodiver
31st May 2013, 11:35 AM
Just to edit that last comment..... My rear lights are on my Arb tyre carriers not roof, but my lightbar on the front of the roof rack I run the cable (cable tied) to my snorkel and inside the front panel in from of my windscreen and then to the relay in engine bay with switch direct to that..... I am sure you could either cable tie or run the wire though the roof rack to the back( roof rack dependant)
Scotty

4X4MUD
31st May 2013, 04:25 PM
You dont have an antena any more?

Nope... I don't listen to the radio lol