PDA

View Full Version : Gu 2000 Ti remote door opener

rodneyb81
25th May 2013, 10:02 PM
Hi, I just bought a 2000 GU patrol TI but the previous owner said his remote stopped working then lost it so can currently only open with a key bit of a pain with 3 yr old on the passenger side. Any one got a source for these remotes checked local wreckers but they said they rarely get the remotes. Is it cheaper to look at installing an alarm and using its remotes ?

happygu
25th May 2013, 10:25 PM
Try a locksmith as they often have remotes for all sorts of different vehicles at good prices.

Just have to code it in

Mic

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2013, 10:29 PM
Heads up!

The Nissan remote entry is THE PITS!!!! Embarrassing to be honest it's Soooooo Bad!

If your keen then install an alarm with central locking. The Nissan setup is a waste of time

mudski
26th May 2013, 12:24 PM
As MR said. The Nissan remote is a POS. I put a Warlock keyless entry system in mine and took a whole 20minutes to fit.
I did do a write up on how to do it here somewhere. It is really simple to do.

rodneyb81
26th May 2013, 10:59 PM
I bought a warlock alarm system today they didn't have the central locking only kit but only cost 98 at job hifi just have to work out the wiring now... Should be fun....

mudski
27th May 2013, 09:23 PM
I bought a warlock alarm system today they didn't have the central locking only kit but only cost 98 at job hifi just have to work out the wiring now... Should be fun....
Can you post a pic of the kit you bought? I got my Warlock from JB's and when I was there they only had the central kit with NO alarm...

mudski
27th May 2013, 09:24 PM
Here my walkthorugh I created a while back for central locking. Your should be the same...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes