PDA

View Full Version : Best wires to use for engine cut function on GPS tracker?

mudski
23rd May 2013, 03:14 PM
Time to install this thing. Everything seems pretty straight forward. Just the wire selection for the engine cut function. Going by the picture instructions all it shows is to tap into the oil pump. Huh? Maybe thinking the fuel injector pump. But not sure.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Bloodyaussie
23rd May 2013, 03:17 PM
Well you know I got lazy and went to the coil but that was only because of the dual fuel...... still have Rodney's diagram for wiring the relay and stuff.. he's a good bloke!

mudski
23rd May 2013, 03:19 PM
Heres s shot of the wiring diagram.

mudski
23rd May 2013, 03:20 PM
Well you know I got lazy and went to the coil but that was only because of the dual fuel...... still have Rodney's diagram for wiring the relay and stuff.. he's a good bloke!
Yes he is. He helped me out not long ago with photos of a wiring loom pic i needed.

Yendor
23rd May 2013, 09:19 PM
I would cut into the switching side of the ECU relay, it can be found at the top of the fuse box inside the vehicle.

mudski
23rd May 2013, 10:12 PM
I would cut into the switching side of the ECU relay, it can be found at the top of the fuse box inside the vehicle.
Yeah I was thinking that myself its just which wire. The signal wire to the Injector pump I assume.

Yendor
23rd May 2013, 10:26 PM
The battery feed that switches the relay on will be fine, it should be a small Brown wire.