PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles on dash board GU IV

ben 4.2td
23rd May 2013, 12:18 PM
Hi have a Nissan 4.2 TD with increasing bubbles on dash board 12/2006 model. Took to local Nissan dealer states that the recall period ran out for this car in Jan. for dash board replacements. So I rang Nissan Australia they told me the same thing, I asked about repairing under good will, they responded by saying they extended the recall on the dashes from 3 to 6 years and I was outside this period. Just wondering if anyone can give me further advice what to do the dash look terrible even with a dash mat, as bubbles over air bag area as well. Thanks Ben.

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 12:45 PM
Ben thats not good but typical of Nissan to ignore you. Check in the search engine{just learning terms}
as a lot was written with some contact details of a very nice lady to talk to. Maybe someone will be able to put the link up for you,
Don't give up yet all is not lost.

ben 4.2td
23rd May 2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks, disappointed that the car has always been serviced by Nissan and they never said anything about the service recall on the dash, even though if they glanced at the dash they would of seen the bubbles. I will attempt to see if I can find Linda's forum on the dash board.

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 01:15 PM
Mate read it all the time here,Also possible to delete other thread the same, thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,TD

MudRunnerTD
23rd May 2013, 01:17 PM
It was NOT A RECALL.

It was technically a Service Campaign and only advertised Internally! On that basis your Service Agent was under Direction from Nissan Australia to Identify any affected Vehicles and order a new dash. It was made public via Forums like this and we hit them hard.

If as you say you have always had it serviced by Nissan then THEY OWN IT MATE. They have Failed to follow procedure and direction of an internal Service Campaign.

Get Ugly mate.

here is all the info you need

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/GU-IV-and-on-Dash-Bubbles/page3 (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?352-GU-IV-and-on-Dash-Bubbles/page3)

Go Hard

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 01:35 PM
Agree 100% with MR, you need to get firm with them. I mean very firm
They will deny at all costs, plenty have been replaced after "expiry date"
What area Ben?

Beni C
23rd May 2013, 01:38 PM
Thats does suck Ben but this is what I would do if I was you.

So it sounds like you have always gone back to the same dealer to have you Patrol serviced right? Use this as leverage to get them to fix it.
Go straight to the top and ask to deal with the Sevice Manager, dont put up with plebs on the counter satus quo answer that its out of the recall period. Also if you can get thier email addy so you can get it all in writing.

When you email the Service Manager query as to why when the vehicle was being serviced that it wasnt picked up that the dash needed replacing and was done so under the recall scheme, try and make it feel like its thier fault that they missed it needing to be replaced.

Depending how bad the bubbling is on the dash where the airbag is try and turn it into a saftey issue, tell them that you are concerened that that in the event of an accident they airbag will not operate properly.

Use your position as the paying customer to make it sound like Nissan has dropped the ball on this, not you.

If they still flat out refuse to replace it tell them that you want it in writing that the bubbling over the airbag wont defect its depolyment, you will be taking your business elsewhere and I would be forwarding all that correspondance to the comsumer affairs ombudsman and they will take it up with Nissan.

Its a load of BS that its only 4 months from the end of the recall and they are saying that they cant do it.

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 01:43 PM
Yeah keep dates, times, starting to feel better already , good advice Beni c
I like your style, 6 shooter from the hip lol

ben 4.2td
23rd May 2013, 01:52 PM
Great advice, especially about the air bag, thanks I will head up there now and try and sort it out.

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 02:08 PM
waiting, waiting, waiting, just getting post count up, lol

Clunk
23rd May 2013, 03:18 PM
Ben, send Stropp a pm mate, he's had to get tough with Nissan and won, so will be able to give you all the advice you need.

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Beni C
23rd May 2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah keep dates, times, starting to feel better already , good advice Beni c
I like your style, 6 shooter from the hip lol

Kn'oath mate!! We live in the age of the consumer!! I fricken hate it when big multi nationals try and screw ya over, its not like Nissan would be short of a buck, hell they would be making a small fortune out of everyone on this forum!

ben 4.2td
23rd May 2013, 05:03 PM
Spoke with Nissan expressed my concerns they took photos and will submit to Nissan as a service campaign repair, now will have to wait.

MudRunnerTD
23rd May 2013, 05:58 PM
Keep on them mate.

threedogs
23rd May 2013, 06:06 PM
That sounds promising to my ears, but dont wait too long for an up date.
Be firm but polite, yelling and ranting will do nothing, But sadly IMO its like the Workcover system
some PPL just dont care.