PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tappet

Tom Tappet
19th May 2013, 05:58 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the patrol club so I'm not quite sure if this is how I go about getting some help. I live in the country area of Far Nth Qld so it's not so easy for me to get help with my 2007 3L Patrol ute. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had need to wash and clean the engine bay of my ute and I'm not sure if that was the cause but straight after that the engine doesn't have enough power to pull your hat off. I did have the battery disconnected for a number of hours while I was doing it but apart from that nothing that I can think of. I worry about driving the 100klm or so to see a mechanic in case I do more damage. Any advice would be terrific. Thanks and regards, Tom Tappet

AB
19th May 2013, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't get any answers here you should get a better response by asking questions in another section as a lot of people don't read the intro section.

lylegillan
19th May 2013, 06:12 PM
welcome mate.

MEGOMONSTER
19th May 2013, 06:23 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Tom Tappet
19th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't get any answers here you should get a better response by asking questions in another section as a lot of people don't read the intro section.

Very good, I'll try that thankyou

growler2058
19th May 2013, 06:31 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

threedogs
19th May 2013, 06:45 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the Forum, I take it you used a Karcher style pressure cleaner
They will force water into some very weird spots, Remove and clean MAF sensor first.
Then grab a can of WD40 and spray on any connections you can see,
Even Lanotec is good but wait for it to dry.
check clean battery terminals with green dish washer pads
pay attention to any Earth straps you can find as well

DX grunt
19th May 2013, 06:54 PM
G'day mate and welcome to you and your ute.

There's a few forum members from up your way.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Timmo
19th May 2013, 06:54 PM
welcome to the forum buddy.....enjoy

Bloodyaussie
19th May 2013, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard mate............

my third 256
20th May 2013, 02:30 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

cadman342001
20th May 2013, 12:16 PM
Gday tom, whereabouts are ya? I'm in cairns. Lots of wd40 would be my advice too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Motorculture mobile app

Dhuck
20th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the forum mate