PDA

View Full Version : A special thanks to a special friend!

PMC
19th May 2013, 04:34 PM
G’day Trendsetters,

Over the last three weeks I have been to hell and back health wise.

During my farken incapacitation period (confined to bed) the following things decided to shit the whiskers and place a unexpected financial burden on my family, the clutch on my Patrol, the swimming pool pump, ($600.00) then the dishwasher, ($850.00) a storm ripped the solar heating panels from the roof, ($4000.00) the shower in the kids bathroom is leaking causing water damage in the garage sealing,( this still needs to be fixed) light globes in the dining room and kids bedrooms have blown and need replacing and top of everything eight days ago while my daughter was walking the dog, the poor thing was bitten by a brown snake ($1,400 vet bill $900.00 for the antivenom.)

So lounge lizards you can understand why I have been so depressed and not very active on the forum during the last couple of weeks. (i still cannot farken remember breaking a mirror or running over a china-man. lol)

Being unable to carry out basic repairs around the home has been extremely frustrating for me due to me having damaging several discs in my low-back three weeks ago. Even worse was not being able to climb underneath my patrol to find out what was causing my clutch issues.

However, last Monday afternoon, out of the blue Matt (nissanewby) rode his father’s motorbike from Brisbane to Woolgoolga (400ks) to have a look at why my patrol’s clutch was not engaging and also to fit some accessories’ to the patrol (front and rear panhard rods.)

He turned up while my wife was about to drive me into the neurosurgeon at 2.00pm. Typical Matt, told us to go, he would look after our children when they came home from school and at the same time he would fault find the cause to my problem.

We received a call from Matt an hour later inform us that he had fixed the clutch on the patrol, I was so choked up with emotion by his news and so overwhelmed that he traveled all the way from Brisbane to help my family and I during this tough period we were going through, I nearly shed a tear in the surgery waiting room.

The following day we went to start the patrol and she just would not start, this led to a couple of hours fault finding the cause and a phone call to yendor (Rodney) and between the two of them they found that the anti-theft solenoid on the injector pump had shit the whiskers. (I will provide a report and photos of the mod on my members ride thread soon.) Finally after eight hours of work Matt had fixed the solenoid problem, fitted the panhard rods and re-tuned my patrol.

My wife and I are so grateful and are indebted for Matt's help on Monday and Tuesday of last week. I am so proud of Matt and his professional workmanship and most important his kindness to help others when they are in need of help. I know his parents would be extremely proud that they have raised a great son!

Mate, you are a special friend to our family and you and Sheree are welcome to stay at our place anytime you want. My camper trailer is there for the two of you to use anytime. Any help my family and I can be to you both in the future, just ask and we will be there.

PS, Thanks for your help mate!

Regards,

Paul
:bowdown:

Bloodyaussie
19th May 2013, 04:46 PM
Matty is a good sort isn't he...... despite what we may think there are some very good people out there willing to give of them selves... hope the fog lifts mate and the finances are not to much of a burden for you and your family.

Bob
19th May 2013, 04:46 PM
Had the pleasure of Meeting Matt recently and not surprised at his generousity. Great Guy.
Hope things improve for you mate. Keep your chin up

growler2058
19th May 2013, 04:54 PM
Youre a good egg Matt

93patrol
19th May 2013, 05:06 PM
Good on yer matt

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Alitis007
19th May 2013, 05:10 PM
For a QLDer your alright Matt, good onya mate!!

All the best RLI hope you run into some good luck soon !!

Cuppa
19th May 2013, 05:26 PM
Yep good on you Matt, this forum & it's members continue to rise in my estimation.
But Paul stop being a woose.
I nearly shed a tear in the surgery waiting room. Nearly pftt! Nothin'wrong with sheddin' a tear mate, & jeez you've had good reason.
Cuppa

threedogs
19th May 2013, 05:50 PM
Sending PM
Life throws curly ones along this road, gotta hate the corners sometime

Onya Matt BTW

edited: as comment was meant to be funny but a few may not see it

AB
19th May 2013, 05:57 PM
Well done Matt, thats a pretty decent effort mate, hats off!!!

But Pauly mate, trusting him to look after your children is a big no no....LMAO

Winnie
19th May 2013, 06:07 PM
Far out matt... What a great thing you have done! Friends like that don't come along too often.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

threedogs
19th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Yo Paul what was prognosis from the surgeon, lower back with pain going down leg. as in, L3, L4 ,L5.
I was lucky cause I have extra vertibrae in L6 , MRIs are not cheap either. like PM says going in for
number 17 very shortly. after some spleen venting at insurance mob last Thurs, I, as in ME ,did in one afternoon
what QBE insurance couldn't do in 7 months, find paper work, I hope QBE read this, its called communication
and I'm only the patient, Very frustrating system,IMO

Parksy
19th May 2013, 06:24 PM
This is a heart warming moment. Makes me happy knowing that people still go out of their way to help people.

Lonicus
19th May 2013, 06:26 PM
Damn Paul, you really don't like the easy life mate, hopefully you'll be back on your feet quick smart.

As for Matty, what can you say,, bloody legendary act of kindness and thoughtfulness mate, brought a tear to the eye reading Paul's account of what transpired.

Stropp
19th May 2013, 06:40 PM
Well done Matt, great effort mate and Paul keep your chin up mate thing will get better. Stropp

DX grunt
19th May 2013, 07:36 PM
Synchronise your watches and standby for a group cry and a group hug. lol

A while ago I started a thread about standing up and applauding the work some young guys do. Matt is no exception - a quiet achiever.

From what everybody has said, I think he gets the message.

Onya Matt. Top effort, bro.

Take care out there.

Rossco

jack
19th May 2013, 07:52 PM
Well done Matt, Paul told me about this yesterday and I'd say was struggling for words to explain his appreciation. He's had a pretty crap run lately and this has certainly lightened his burden. People like you make this forum the great place it is, I'm glad you decided to stick around.
Paul, keep fighting mate, you'll win in the end. You've got a lot of mates and support here and if you need help just ask.

trekster
19th May 2013, 08:02 PM
Wow, what a champion! RLI if you ever need anyone to help you drive that patrol of yours hit me up :D

Hope things improve for you asap!

Regards,
Eric.

mudnut
19th May 2013, 09:39 PM
Matt, you're a legend.

Clunk
19th May 2013, 10:47 PM
All I have to say is WOW.......... As its all been said before, friggin great stuff

MCcrappatappalot signing on..............

timbar
19th May 2013, 11:11 PM
Good onya Matt good job mate u should be proud of yourself !!!

Paul hope things start to look up for you soon hang in there mate !!

my third 256
20th May 2013, 02:15 AM
oh mat what a fantastic effort i was pleased to meet you
the indian wedding i had to go to

lorrieandjas
20th May 2013, 08:15 AM
Hey Paul and Matt - I've said it before when Mat helped me out - his workmanship and professionalism are only outweighed by his willingness to lend a hand to a mate. You're a good bloke Mat and I am glad to have met you as a friend.

Jas

Bloodyaussie
20th May 2013, 08:16 AM
So has my wife :) !!!!!!!! he he he he!!!!!!!!

BigRAWesty
20th May 2013, 09:24 AM
Top job Matt. Exactly the reason why I love this forum..
Best of luck with that back RLI.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Tonks
20th May 2013, 09:45 AM
This is another reason to be PROUD of the Country we live in.

Bloody champion Matt & well done.

Paul, hope things will get better for you soon,

Take Care,

Tonks

MudRunnerTD
20th May 2013, 10:26 AM
Matt Newby eats Fruit Loops!!

And plays well with buckets

Puts in sometimes too

Not a bad bloke by All Accounts

PMC
20th May 2013, 10:54 AM
G'day folks,

He certainly is a special AUSSIE bloke!

PS, thanks for your kind comments!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
21st May 2013, 01:13 AM
Yo Paul what was prognosis from the surgeon, lower back with pain going down leg. as in, L3, L4 ,L5.
I was lucky cause I have extra vertibrae in L6 , MRIs are not cheap either. like PM says going in for
number 17 very shortly. after some spleen venting at insurance mob last Thurs, I, as in ME ,did in one afternoon
what QBE insurance couldn't do in 7 months, find paper work, I hope QBE read this, its called communication
and I'm only the patient, Very frustrating system,IMO

G'day mate,

The neurosurgeon states that on my MRI scan that I have damaged L4/5 and L5-S1 resulting in bulging inter-vertebral discs with nerve compression.

I am quite pissed off at present as i have to go and have a series of facet joint injections and i am not looking forward to that.

Regards,

RLI

93patrol
21st May 2013, 06:07 AM
Jeez mate your not having a good run. Keep your chin up Paul and it will all work out in the wash

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

PMC
21st May 2013, 10:46 AM
Damn Paul, you really don't like the easy life mate, hopefully you'll be back on your feet quick smart.

As for Matty, what can you say,, bloody legendary act of kindness and thoughtfulness mate, brought a tear to the eye reading Paul's account of what transpired.

G'day Lonicus,

Due to me nearly bringing a tear to your eyes, does this mean you will now show me your secret fishing spots. lol

Regards,

Paul

PMC
21st May 2013, 10:47 AM
Well done Matt, Paul told me about this yesterday and I'd say was struggling for words to explain his appreciation. He's had a pretty crap run lately and this has certainly lightened his burden. People like you make this forum the great place it is, I'm glad you decided to stick around.
Paul, keep fighting mate, you'll win in the end. You've got a lot of mates and support here and if you need help just ask.

Thank's for your kind words of wisdom mate!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
21st May 2013, 10:51 AM
Wow, what a champion! RLI if you ever need anyone to help you drive that patrol of yours hit me up :D

Hope things improve for you asap!

Regards,
Eric.

G'day Eric,

Thanks mate!

PS, next time Matt is down at my place, i will contact you so we can get together for a B/Q and a bit of 4x4 track exploration around Coffs.

Regards,

Paul

Lonicus
21st May 2013, 10:59 AM
G'day Lonicus,

Due to me nearly bringing a tear to your eyes, does this mean you will now show me your secret fishing spots. lol

Regards,

Paul

Just as soon as I find them mate :)