PDA

View Full Version : Stay SAFE on the Roads

krbrooking
18th May 2013, 01:33 AM
Was on the way home from work this morn and saw the accident on the bolte bridge. It was good food for thought on how quick and easy things can go wrong on the roads. Not exactly sure how it happend as I only saw the after math. Just thought I would throw some pics up, not the best quality as I was a passenger in a car going the other way.

Apparently the driver fell 30 or so feet and from what I have heard he was trying to avoid another car. What I don't understand is he must not have been wearing his seat belt, why i dont know as we all know seat belts do save lives. Unless he was trying to climb out before the whole lot came down and lost his footing. Anyway you look at it it is a tragedy, I also not sure if he survived it not but do know the paramedics were working on him when we were driving past according to the radio.

Lonicus
18th May 2013, 05:08 AM
Last I heard he was in a critical condition in hospital, hopefully he'll get through it.

BigRAWesty
18th May 2013, 07:06 AM
Yea saw this last night on the news..
He got cut off by a smaller car and forced his reaction..
Hes a very lucky man.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
18th May 2013, 07:37 AM
Weird how one lane blockage can stuff Melb traffic both way [rubber neckers]
Last report is I think Driver stabilized,but crook

But agree 100% you need to bring your "A" game every day driving around,
Too many what ifs

BigRAWesty
18th May 2013, 08:16 AM
they blocked it for the recovery due to crane sizes and weight.. the bridge is made for x amount of ton per square meter.. stick a 100+ ton in one spot then a 15ton truck in another, and with the added bonus of unknown structural damage to the bridge.. you can see why they were being cautious..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)