PDA

View Full Version : rear guard trim to clear 35s

da riverrat
18th May 2013, 01:20 AM
hi guys I've fitted 35 to my gq got 3inch lift but on flex they rub on the rear of the rear guards don't realy want to do a rear quater chop just want to trim rear guard a bit so that it don't rub was wondering if any one has done this and if they got some pic to give me some ideas on how to go about it have no clearence issues in the front at all just the rear cheers guys

threedogs
18th May 2013, 07:54 AM
Use the contour of the flare on the body, use Texta to mark out first.
Basically you're cutting flare off

AB
18th May 2013, 08:30 AM
There are some photos somewhere on here mate as I was searching for this last year. I can't bloody remember where they are though.

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2013, 08:58 AM
hi guys I've fitted 35 to my gq got 3inch lift but on flex they rub on the rear of the rear guards don't realy want to do a rear quater chop just want to trim rear guard a bit so that it don't rub was wondering if any one has done this and if they got some pic to give me some ideas on how to go about it have no clearence issues in the front at all just the rear cheers guys

Thats because some idiot who did not know what they were talking about or should have known better advised you to buy extended Lower Rear trailing arms didn't they?? I Bet! +16mm or +12mm

Take them out mate and send them back and tell them to supply you with standard length heavy duty because their product was not fit for service and they are Idiots.

End of Rant......

Sorry mate i'll get back in my box if im wrong....bet i'm not ;)

See the pic in my avatar mate, that is a bloke being jammed into my wheel arch. I DO NOT RUB.

Refit your original lower arms and go and flex it up. Problem will disappear.

da riverrat
18th May 2013, 12:31 PM
cheers mate i havent changed any think on my supension cos was not very old when I brought it about 3-4 year ago but Ive always ran 31s so that could be the problem what are the standard length the arms that are on there 68cm from bolt hole to bolt hole cheers mate