PDA

View Full Version : Diesel to clean the internals

trekster
15th May 2013, 09:27 PM
Hello all,

Many eons ago I owned a subaru (blasphemy I know), anyhoo on one of their larger forums which I was a member of I remember reading an article how a fella who had an older suby with a noisy engine did an oil change, but before he did he drained out all the oil, and put a concentrated mix of diesel and oil into the engine, ran it for about 5 mins but only at idle, then drained this out and replaced new filter and new oil.

The end result turned the engine back to like new as the diesel has cleaners in it and it breaks down the sludge and deposits that formed in the engine. It cleared all the noisy lifters etc.

Just wondering if this would work on a diesel engine too? I know the oil gets quite black and was thinking that surely there would be alot of crap and gunk deposited through the lines and anything else for that matter.

Thoughts/discussions please? Curious on whether its good or not.

Cheers,
Eric.

nissannewby
15th May 2013, 11:22 PM
Diesel Oil is meant to go black. Its a sign its doing its job. The utilisation of a franz filter can see cleaner oil conditions in a diesel. A lot of the noise in a diesel is from injection cycles and injectors.

I wouldnt recommend putting diesel in your engine.

Blackpuppy
16th May 2013, 03:43 AM
I know, here in Denmark (A bit far away, I'll admit), we can get something called Bell Add Additive. You get like 500ml's, and that should be enough for 500 litres of diesel. It cleans everything from valves, valvecovers and diesel tank, to injectors.

threedogs
16th May 2013, 07:56 AM
To de grease your Diesel there is a product called Chem tec.
Some reports have ppl get 13ltr of rubbish from 8 ltr capacity motors
works for petrol and diesel engines

NP99
17th May 2013, 12:18 AM
Anything cleaning inside may also develop into leaks from the engine.....a little gunk helps seal. I don't use Valvoline oils for that very reason!

P4trol
17th May 2013, 12:06 PM
To de grease your Diesel there is a product called Chem tec.
Some reports have ppl get 13ltr of rubbish from 8 ltr capacity motors
works for petrol and diesel engines

Chemtech is the brand...

Which exact product are you talking?