PDA

View Full Version : Engine misfires and smokes above 1500 rpm

ZamPatrol
15th May 2013, 07:18 AM
Hi, I have just rebuilt my TD42 with all new parts, liners pistons ,rings bearings , cyl head , valves and injector nozzles, and when starting it up for the first time, after warmup and settle down , it runs perfectly to 1500 rpm then starts misfiring and chucking out clouds of grey/white smoke, any pointers would be welcome. The pump was checked over and I was told it was fine.

ZamPatrol
15th May 2013, 05:13 PM
Hi, regarding my TB42E, between services of 5000 km ,it dumps fuel into the sump, raising the oil level by about a litre, where could this fuel come from as it does not have manual fuel pump on the engine. At the same time it still gives good consumption and the exhaust runs grey - any ideas ?

Bloodyaussie
15th May 2013, 06:39 PM
It almost sounds like it is dumping fuel straight into the cylinders without firing????

If it is was though you might have bent a rod by now.... not sure mate?????

threedogs
15th May 2013, 07:13 PM
Maybe timing belt/chain slipped a tooth/cog. Diesel exhaust doesnt "run grey" like petrol
Maybe turbo U/S , must be overfueling big time thats all I can think of, bad earth on glow plugs

Hook up some Vacuum guages that'll tell you whats what

Bloodyaussie
15th May 2013, 07:24 PM
Maybe timing belt/chain slipped a tooth/cog. Diesel exhaust doesnt "run grey" like petrol
Maybe turbo U/S , must be overfueling big time thats all I can think of, bad earth on glow plugs

Hook up some Vacuum guages that'll tell you whats what

TB42e... the same as mine mate

nissannewby
15th May 2013, 07:27 PM
I think you need to start another thread mate. Trying to diagnose 2 different engines in one thread is gonna get ultra confusing. If you ask the mods they should be able to help you out.

With the diesel. Did you have the IP off? It sounds like you are getting air in the system. Also what torque did the head bolts go to? Did you use a genuine head gasket?

threedogs
15th May 2013, 07:34 PM
@ BA he's got two motors going in one thread

Bloodyaussie
15th May 2013, 07:38 PM
Oh for farts sake.............I need a long hot shower?????

Bloodyaussie
15th May 2013, 07:38 PM

Sorry John...

nissannewby
15th May 2013, 07:47 PM

Why is that a question? ...... Are you alright cuddles?

threedogs
15th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Ba got some fancy shower mittens Id like to try, b there shortly Yooo hooooo

Bloodyaussie
15th May 2013, 07:52 PM
Ba got some fancy shower mittens Id like to try, b there shortly Yooo hooooo

You just stay where you are son!!!!!!

Yendor
15th May 2013, 08:20 PM
Hi, regarding my TB42E, between services of 5000 km ,it dumps fuel into the sump, raising the oil level by about a litre, where could this fuel come from as it does not have manual fuel pump on the engine. At the same time it still gives good consumption and the exhaust runs grey - any ideas ?

Check fuel pressure regulator and check for leaking injectors.

ZamPatrol
15th May 2013, 09:10 PM
@nissannewby yes original parts throughout and torqued down in steps as per Nissan manual in correct order. I have heard that there is a hydraulic advance unit in the pump which , if stuck could have this effect, have you heard of that ?