PDA

View Full Version : Getting a GU 3L CR , how many km's is too many.

Hodge
14th May 2013, 08:34 PM
G'day folks. About to start looking at at GU's most likely leaning towards a 07-09 model. ST or STL. With my budget, and a glance over carsales over the last week or so, I'm more than likely in the 50k to 100k mileage range for a decent GU.
I know this gets asked all the time, but roughly how many km's is too many and what sort of things should I be looking at when inspecting them. I know i'll end up with a CR. From word of mouth I'm getting mixed feedback about the 3L CR, some say theyre perfect some say they're a ticking time bomb after 100k etc etc it's just so difficult to distinguish who to listen to.
I'm upgrading from a 2010 CR D22 STR and I know with regular servicing and mechanical sympathy those engines are just fine.
Sorry about a broad question but just thought I'd ask quickly before I fall into any obvious traps.
Cheers.

happygu
14th May 2013, 08:41 PM
Hi Hodge,

Anything around those Kilometres should be fine.

I would expect the CRD to last for 400,000 + ...... Not sure if they will ever get to the 1 Million Mark like the old bangers, but there are quite a few examples of the earler Di's with High Mileage.

Mic

TPC
14th May 2013, 08:52 PM
G'day Hodge,
Have you considered buying an ex government one from the auctions?
Half the Patrols in the caryards are from auctions with their mark-up on them.
I bought mine from Pickles in Vic with 46,000 Km and lots of accessories already fitted for $30k.

Tony

Hodge
14th May 2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mic. Can't wait to score one.

Hodge
14th May 2013, 08:59 PM
G'day Hodge,
Have you considered buying an ex government one from the auctions?
Half the Patrols in the caryards are from auctions with their mark-up on them.
I bought mine from Pickles in Vic with 46,000 Km and lots of accessories already fitted for $30k.

Tony

Yeh Thanks Tony, workmate mentioned that to me, but as I've never been to or know much about those auctions, it never really crossed my mind. I'll have to look into it though.

Hodge
20th May 2013, 03:37 PM
Well just to update this thread, just scored an 09 model under 40k on clock ultra-clean inside out for just over $30k. White in color seems to be an ex-gvt. Can't wait for delivery. Going straight to ARB for modding.

taslucas
20th May 2013, 05:05 PM
Good stuff hodge, now let the mods begin!

McCulture

happygu
20th May 2013, 05:58 PM
Seems pretty good - gotta be happy with that....

Mic