PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk changing to Motorculture App

AB
14th May 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately time is approaching that Tapatalk will be changed to Motorculture App.

Thanks to Matespace who have always supported us and more on this was discussed last month here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?19554-Changes-in-forum-coming-soon.&highlight=tapatalk+advertising).

A lot of other forums are now currently switching over to this so in the future it would be best to use this app for other forums you may visit.

New Tapatalk users please visit: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/id612532514?mt=8

or

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.matespacecomau&hl=en

Existing Tapatalk users please switch over now to avoid any access issues.

As mentioned in the previous post, I am unfortunately in a position to need more money to run this place and with over half of the users now on mobile I have no choice. Also, as mentioned I am sick of relying on the generosity of some of our members too.

As already discussed (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?19554-Changes-in-forum-coming-soon.&highlight=tapatalk+advertising), the forum sponsorship is still in place and still stands of course but for mobile app users we will be switching everything over to Motorculture.

I have seen the app, it works fantastic and there is only a small advertisement in the bottom of the screen so hopefully you can understand and work with it and as always the forum gets a little bit of coin each time someone clicks on the advertisement so feel free to check out the advertisements if they interest you.

They will be working hard to make these automotive related of course.

threedogs
14th May 2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks only just got tappa tappa do oh well whats the cost of App.?
I know zip about this stuff, I'm still looking to get viewa app

AB
14th May 2013, 05:13 PM
It's free mate.....

BigRAWesty
14th May 2013, 05:17 PM
Fair enough mate. What sorta time frame are you looking at for a transition? Or have you got a set switch off/on date?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Cuppa
14th May 2013, 05:17 PM
This is what I got when I clicked on the links in your post AB.

Cuppa

AB
14th May 2013, 05:23 PM
This is what I got when I clicked on the links in your post AB.

Cuppa

Thanks Cuppa, just fixed those links above...

AB
14th May 2013, 05:24 PM
Fair enough mate. What sorta time frame are you looking at for a transition? Or have you got a set switch off/on date?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

I'm just waiting on instructions to kill the old app for new people to sign up.

If you already have the existing Tapatalk APP then it will still work but I don't know exact cut off dates yet so please update it as soon as you can as I don't know the dates myself mate.

93patrol
14th May 2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up I must have missed the other thread about changing over. But I have the new app now

AB
14th May 2013, 05:27 PM
It's different....lol

Sorry folks, it just has to be done unfortunately....

Winnie
14th May 2013, 05:30 PM
I'm on the new app now, it's almost identical to tappa!

Bloodyaussie
14th May 2013, 05:30 PM
Just signed up on new app... what do I do with tappa????
Oh and I dont want to meet cute girls in my f#@king area!!!!!

Cuppa
14th May 2013, 05:35 PM
Chuck it down the crappa!

Motorculture looks quite 'clean' (apart from the ad banner in the way at the bottom of the screen) but maybe I'm just being dumb, 'cos I whilst I can read, I can't see how to post without leaving motorculture & going back to my browser to post, which can't be right? Pointers gratefully accepted when anyone has it sussed.

Cuppa

Clunk
14th May 2013, 05:36 PM
Mmmmmm pizza!!!! Hahahaha

Just went straight to the play store to download it as link wasn't working at the time....... As Pooh already said, same as the original tappacrap, apart from the adds down the bottom.

You do what you need to do AB to keep costs down............. Oh hang on, you already did LOL

Bloodyaussie
14th May 2013, 05:39 PM
Chuck it down the crappa!

Motorculture looks quite 'clean' (apart from the ad banner in the way at the bottom of the screen) but maybe I'm just being dumb, 'cos I whilst I can read, I can't see how to post without leaving motorculture & going back to my browser to post, which can't be right? Pointers gratefully accepted when anyone has it sussed.

Cuppa

What phone you using ???

Clunk
14th May 2013, 05:41 PM
Cuppa, if you used tappa, it should be the same....... Well it is in android

Winnie
14th May 2013, 05:42 PM
Hahaha the add sent me to the "cheeky singles" app

Clunk
14th May 2013, 05:47 PM
Only thing is, the signature part of it doesn't seem to work or show up anymore......

Does that mean tapatalk HD will no longer be any good? Was really good on the tablet, much better than the original Tappacrap

Bloodyaussie
14th May 2013, 05:47 PM
Who gets money for me clicking on these adds

Winnie
14th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Andy does Jonathan... but don't click on them 100 times in a row you'll be wasting your time. If we did it 2 or 3 times a day he'll be rolling in it!!!

taslucas
14th May 2013, 05:56 PM
Yep I'm now part of the new culture too :-)

taslucas
14th May 2013, 05:59 PM
Oooh we get orange names:-)

Clunk
14th May 2013, 06:00 PM
Wonder how many forums will jump on board

BigRAWesty
14th May 2013, 06:02 PM
Cool guys. I'm on unlimited broadband now so watch out for all these 10c coins flying your way.. :D

Single girls.. I betta watch out or I might get nudered...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Sir Roofy
14th May 2013, 06:11 PM
Time to lift the sponsership fees again as i havent a mobile

93patrol
14th May 2013, 06:13 PM
Hey cuppa once I signed in properly I am able to post before that it was the same as what you had problems with but now the post line comes up

Cuppa
14th May 2013, 06:19 PM
Yep, hadn't signed in! Doh! I'm using an ipad. How do I get the 'What's new' list of topics?

Cuppa

AB
14th May 2013, 06:20 PM
Where are the what's new section when you log in????

taslucas
14th May 2013, 06:22 PM
They will be working hard to make these automotive related of course.

I hope so! Lol, pizza, single girls, dating sites, mobile phones....... Geez what kind of people do they think us motor enthusiasts are!? Haha

AB
14th May 2013, 06:23 PM
Let us know if everyone else has no what's new section when you log in and ill get that sorted ASAP

taslucas
14th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Yep, hadn't signed in! Doh! I'm using an ipad. How do I get the 'What's new' list of topics?

Cuppa

Where are the what's new section when you log in????

Tappa used to just default to "whats new" and so does motorculture

Cuppa
14th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Latest posts tabs at the bottom of the screen is available before logging in, but seems to disappear once logged in? Can return to it using the back button, but this logs you out .

AB
14th May 2013, 06:26 PM
Are you logged into the forum in motorculture and see what's new?

It doesn't show on my phone but if your not logged in it does...grrr!!!

AB
14th May 2013, 06:27 PM
Yep same as me cuppa...ill sort it out!

MEGOMONSTER
14th May 2013, 06:27 PM
Motor culturing now

M C hammering.

Bloodyaussie
14th May 2013, 06:29 PM
Works perfect for me with all functions available.... I am using a Samsung !!!

AB
14th May 2013, 06:30 PM
I'm on iPhone

taslucas
14th May 2013, 06:32 PM
I'm on iPhone

There's your problem;-)
And cuppas

Clunk
14th May 2013, 06:37 PM
Still can't get signature to work though:(

Winnie
14th May 2013, 06:48 PM
Yep I'm in Android and what's new works but no sig line.

MudRunnerTD
14th May 2013, 06:50 PM
Mego gets first Sig line dibs!!!

AB
14th May 2013, 07:01 PM
Email sent off Gents, hopefully have this sorted tomorrow....In the mean time you are welcome to tap tap tap....lol

BigRAWesty
14th May 2013, 07:07 PM
All seems good.. but yet to see a car add.. all date a hooker adds

Bob
14th May 2013, 07:09 PM
Email sent off Gents, hopefully have this sorted tomorrow....In the mean time you are welcome to tap tap tap....lol

Up and working

AB
14th May 2013, 07:09 PM
All seems good.. but yet to see a car add.. all date a hooker adds

The APP actually goes through your phones and see's what your interests are and what you search for on the internet via the phone so if you are seeing hooker and dating ads then you have been a naughty boy...BAHAHA

Only joking, Its a new app so it will be dragging crappy ads for a bit until they sort it out properly.

Winnie
14th May 2013, 07:12 PM
Happy to keep using this app... Only visual difference is smaller choice of colours ad the little ad which I don't mind, especially if it will help yourself and the forums

Winnie
14th May 2013, 07:14 PM
Photos don't work... Choose the photo and tappa has the options of forum hosted, tappa hosted and cancel. This one only has cancel.

growler2058
14th May 2013, 07:16 PM
Any pic here?

Winnie
14th May 2013, 07:17 PM
Yep... Can someone on android confirm?

Huh. Working now

NissanGQ4.2
14th May 2013, 08:09 PM
Andy, could you have a look when you have time and see if MotorCulture has an app for Symbian ( platform Nokia uses )

I could not find one

Cheers

Toddie

Clunk
14th May 2013, 08:28 PM
Andy, could you have a look when you have time and see if MotorCulture has an app for Symbian ( platform Nokia uses )

I could not find one

Cheers

Toddie

Get a new phone tight arse!!!!!@ hahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
14th May 2013, 08:34 PM
Get a new phone tight arse!!!!!@ hahahaha

I wouldn't use a Icrap phone if you gave me one!!!

I'll still to my reliable Nokia thanks :)

Clunk
14th May 2013, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't use a Icrap phone if you gave me one!!!

I'll still to my reliable Nokia thanks :)

Don't worry mate I wouldn't subject you to an iPhone either....... I'll stick to android lol..............

I didn't think you could use Nokia and reliable in the same sentence!!!!!??????......... I've probably had around 10 of their phones over the last 18 year's and they've all been kack and replaced several times due to failure........ You may ask, why have them then and the answer will be no choice, supplied by work.

NissanGQ4.2
14th May 2013, 09:00 PM
Don't worry mate I wouldn't subject you to an iPhone either....... I'll stick to android lol..............

I didn't think you could use Nokia and reliable in the same sentence!!!!!??????......... I've probably had around 10 of their phones over the last 18 year's and they've all been kack and replaced several times due to failure........ You may ask, why have them then and the answer will be no choice, supplied by work.

yeh I wish now I had gone with an android platform phone, but I still can't put sh!t on Nokia, except there crappy support for there platform. My phones have gone through hell and back and havn't given me any real trouble :):)

taslucas
14th May 2013, 09:12 PM
Pic check......

growler2058
14th May 2013, 09:16 PM
Signature check

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

jack
14th May 2013, 09:46 PM
Decided to try it using my iPad and couldn't find how to login. Decided to look around and selected the PULSAR GROUP got to their login screen no issues, now Motorculture is stuck open on that and I can't get it to shut.
Any help appreciated.

Cuppa
14th May 2013, 09:54 PM
Geez, all this phone talk makes me feel like I'm still in the dinosaur era. I still use my 'ancient' Hyundai mobile that i've had for donkeys years, first on a $10 a month plan & then on a $20 a month plan, when the initial plan came to an end. This is a phone that had dual compatibility with CDMA and next G, bought when CDMA was still operating. It is on it's second battery, which I bought a couple of years ago from a Bangkok street vendor. It works as a telephone & gets a better signal where we live than many more modern 'smartphones'. I recently learned how to send SMS messages with it - a bit of a pain with multiple pushes of buttons needed for each letter of the alphabet. It can take photos & video although quality is pretty crap & the screen tiny. It can even connect to the net on a limited basis, but I only tried it once when the phone was new. A couple of times people have sent me a photo & I believe I can send photos too, but have never learned how. All I want is a mobile PHONE, not a mobile mini computer, & this still does the job.
When the day arrives that we have to pay for our internet service** I guess it may be worth thinking about upgrading as part of a 'package' but until then I'll stick with my little Hyundai.

** Haven't paid for the 'net for the past 12 years +, we have an ISP microwave tower on our property for which they pay us a rental & include unlimited net usage.

Cuppa

AB
14th May 2013, 09:59 PM
Decided to try it using my iPad and couldn't find how to login. Decided to look around and selected the PULSAR GROUP got to their login screen no issues, now Motorculture is stuck open on that and I can't get it to shut.
Any help appreciated.

I just went to their forum on my iPad to try and help and now I'm bloody stuck too...lol

jack
14th May 2013, 10:01 PM
Sorry Andy, good luck escaping.

AB
14th May 2013, 10:03 PM
There should be a button on top left of screen but there is none.

Also I'm on mc using iPhone logged in and the what's new function (latest) is now there.

Todd ill suss out Nokia for you mate

Clunk
14th May 2013, 10:04 PM
I just went to their forum on my iPad to try and help and now I'm bloody stuck too...lol

Best thing to do is lay it down flat on a hard surface, then get a hammer, then smash the crap out of it :D

AB
14th May 2013, 10:05 PM
If we can't find a way mate then just delete app and reinstall.

Serves us right snooping at other forums lol

taslucas
14th May 2013, 10:12 PM
Step 1

Best thing to do is lay it down flat on a hard surface, then get a hammer, then smash the crap out of it :D

Step 2 Buy an android.......

AB
14th May 2013, 10:15 PM
Motor culturing now

M C hammering.

And so it begins... Lol

trekster
14th May 2013, 10:18 PM
Just installed it, haven't seen many ads for motoring, plenty for games and asking if I want to hookup with a guy, girl or both lol.

jack
14th May 2013, 10:19 PM
OK deleted and reinstalled, now to find the login option..........

Winnie
14th May 2013, 10:19 PM
Hold the home button and cancel the app, then restart it

Clunk
14th May 2013, 11:04 PM
Step 1

Step 2 Buy an android.......

Oh yeah, forgot that step........ I got so excited about seeing Ipads and iPhones being smashed up.

Thanks Lucas

jack
14th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Great I'm now logged in

Lonicus
14th May 2013, 11:22 PM
All Motored up. Seems smooth and pretty much the same as Tappa.

Brendan56
14th May 2013, 11:36 PM
Doesn't seem too bad at all. Except tappa was easier to make a sig for :-P

Cuppa
14th May 2013, 11:43 PM
Seems to be fixed on the ipad now AB. I have all six 'buttons' along the bottom of the screen now, including 'latest.

growler2058
15th May 2013, 05:05 AM
Doesn't seem too bad at all. Except tappa was easier to make a sig for :-P

Before you log in go to settings for your sig line. Same as tappa crap

BigRAWesty
15th May 2013, 07:59 AM
Is my Sig still coming up?
Ow and finally starting to get different adds. Now onto android app adds.. no cars yet.. but some nice looking rides... :D

taslucas
15th May 2013, 08:17 AM
Yep your sig is there and the link works

growler2058
15th May 2013, 09:08 AM
Is my Sig still coming up?
Ow and finally starting to get different adds. Now onto android app adds.. no cars yet.. but some nice looking rides... :D

Not on the app it's not

Cuppa
15th May 2013, 09:29 AM

Testing pic uploading & signature from ipad/Motorculture. So far I'm preferring this to Tappa with the exception of the advertising banner, but I guess I'll probably learn to live with that if I have to.

Cuppa

EDIT: seems that my 'custom' sig gets changed to that below after I post?

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
15th May 2013, 09:32 AM
@ Cuppa WTF happened to Gloria lol
All this too hi tech for me.
Welcome back Growler,

taslucas
15th May 2013, 09:39 AM
Yep your sig is there and the link works

Not on the app it's not

Yeah not showing up on mc.

taslucas
15th May 2013, 09:41 AM
Testing mc Sig....

taslucas
15th May 2013, 09:43 AM
Testing mc Sig again after actually hitting the right buttons!

taslucas
15th May 2013, 09:44 AM
Hmmmmm......

Alitis007
15th May 2013, 09:53 AM
Nothing Lucas....

Using the mc app too and my Adds just disappeared lol

Cuppa
15th May 2013, 10:00 AM
Ads gone on mine too. :-)

taslucas
15th May 2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah I don't know why it's not working.
Time to buy an iPhone!!??? Haha yeah right
Hmmm so it would seem it's like most free apps..... Glitchy at best

taslucas
15th May 2013, 10:04 AM
Ads gone on mine too. :-)

Yep me too. Dammit! I wanted to meet singles in my area!

threedogs
15th May 2013, 10:24 AM
Being a luddite can someone let me know how to get the app. bear in mind I only found out app was short for applications just recently.
Shite I'm hopeless, need to get out more.

taslucas
15th May 2013, 10:35 AM
Go to the first page of this thread and touch one of the blue links. Top link is for iPhone, bottom link is for android phones. Then just try to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL the Motorculture Application. You should be able to work it out

BigRAWesty
15th May 2013, 10:38 AM
Test Sig.. also the app ain't jumping to first unread post as selected. Always opens to first page..

Cuppa
15th May 2013, 10:40 AM
Goes to first unread post on mine as selected in settings.

Winnie
15th May 2013, 11:21 AM
Test Sig.. also the app ain't jumping to first unread post as selected. Always opens to first page..

Mine wasn't before but is now

threedogs
15th May 2013, 12:05 PM
@ Lucas I have Samsung Galaxy 3 , but still no idea,
I'm going in, anything could happen here/now

Update it says installed blah blah blah etc etc on the laptop but cant see it anywhere'.
Its not on my phone, that I know for sure

Bob
15th May 2013, 12:17 PM
I have lost the adds at the bottom of page
Ok for me but not for andy

Bob
15th May 2013, 12:22 PM

Update it says uploaded etc etc on the laptop but cant see it anywhere'.

You have to do it from your phone mate
Go in via tappatalk

patrolmq
15th May 2013, 12:25 PM
Excellent news, I've had nothing but problems with Tapatalk recently, any page with images will crash and reset it all the time, glad for the change and I hope other forums change too.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Winnie
15th May 2013, 12:39 PM

Update it says installed blah blah blah etc etc on the laptop but cant see it anywhere'.

Get one of your sons to help you! Haha

threedogs
15th May 2013, 12:53 PM
@ winnie, bob, and I need this because????????????????????????????

Winnie
15th May 2013, 01:06 PM
Are you currently using tapatalk? It's going to stop working.

BigRAWesty
15th May 2013, 01:37 PM
Ok guys I shot an email off to the guys and within the hour had a reply.
They are having some small bug issues atm and a currently rectifying the issues.
They reckon if all goes well there will be an update for us to download late tonight or tomorrow morning..

Great to see there active in improving the app.

Winnie
15th May 2013, 02:13 PM
Mine is going to first unread post again now

Alitis007
15th May 2013, 02:38 PM
Crashed a few times but its working all right just a bit laggy, i think its still trying to load the adds tho???

threedogs
15th May 2013, 03:52 PM
Dont think i need this at all

taslucas
15th May 2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah still a bit glitchy with me. For example; Andy's first post in this thread has just appeared above Georges here on page 11.
Still no ads for me but not lagging just jumpy

taslucas
15th May 2013, 04:03 PM

How dud you usually post on here? From the laptop or with tappatalk? Tappatalk will be turned off soon so it'll have to be laptop or this motor culture app

threedogs
15th May 2013, 04:04 PM
Are those technical words or you just making stuff up now to confuse me?? lol
"not Lagging just jumpy"
On my lap top thingy

BigRAWesty
15th May 2013, 04:11 PM
Hhmm, adds now gone for me to..
We will get there..

growler2058
15th May 2013, 04:18 PM
No ads here

growler2058
15th May 2013, 04:19 PM
But I got a dig line ;)

growler2058
15th May 2013, 04:19 PM
That's sig line

taslucas
15th May 2013, 04:23 PM
Are those technical words or you just making stuff up now to confuse me?? lol
"not Lagging just jumpy"
On my lap top thingy

Yeah they are highly technical computer type lingo haha

threedogs
15th May 2013, 04:37 PM
Dazzelled by your brilliance, now growlers following suit with "sig line"
where will it end the mind boggles, lol

MEGOMONSTER
15th May 2013, 11:55 PM
My MC has crashed 6-7 times today.
Freezing up, slow to catch up.
Sorry just venting a little.

MEGOMONSTER
15th May 2013, 11:57 PM
Everytime I tap a member, their name comes up with my photo and my details.

Clunk
16th May 2013, 01:52 AM
My MC has crashed 6-7 times today.
Freezing up, slow to catch up.
Sorry just venting a little.

Yeah does seem to crash a fair bit, guess it has something to do withe the ads/non ads........ Seeing as it basically is tapatalk with ads

NP99
16th May 2013, 01:59 AM

You're right mate, if using a PC, don't worry about it. It's great for the Y gen peeps :)

growler2058
16th May 2013, 05:05 AM
Everytime I tap a member, their name comes up with my photo and my details.

Same

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 07:15 AM
Morning all.. hopefully those boys behind the scenes have a better day today..

taslucas
16th May 2013, 08:07 AM
So how do the ads work? If i click on one does that mean the forum gets a few cents? Is it the same on the laptop? Which would make more money for the forum?

AB
16th May 2013, 09:01 AM
Same situation on both mate. Ill chase up mc today and find out what's going on.

Bob
16th May 2013, 09:06 AM
Same situation on both mate. Ill chase up mc today and find out what's going on.

I dont have Ads on my Samsung S3

AB
16th May 2013, 09:07 AM
Neither do I on iPhone too

taslucas
16th May 2013, 09:15 AM
Yeah the ads are gone for me too. Maybe they are in a transition to more automotive based ads?
I'll smash some ads whenever im on the lappy for ya buddy!

AB
16th May 2013, 10:32 AM
Just rung mc. They have taken ads off for a few days and are aware of all the bugs so this is beta version and will fix it all soon.

Bloodyaussie
16th May 2013, 07:48 PM
Motorculture not working at all for me.. had to get tappa tappa tapping

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Winnie
16th May 2013, 07:49 PM
All good for me Jonny......

AB
16th May 2013, 09:10 PM
All good for me too. Still not working ba???

Bloodyaussie
16th May 2013, 09:47 PM
Nope... sent in 2 thingy ma bobs to report the problem and now my daughter has buggered off I have my PC back...??

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 10:10 PM
Update available for android..

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 10:21 PM
Update available for android..

And now its not even opening.. Doh.. back on tappa..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Clunk
16th May 2013, 10:24 PM
Yep, don't update it........ Will not open at all now........ Back on tappacrap for now

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Clunk
16th May 2013, 10:34 PM
And now its not even opening.. Doh.. back on tappa..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Hey Kallen, just uninstall, then reinstall...... Works now, also with signature

I am the master MC crappatappa!!!!!

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 10:48 PM

Righto lets try..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 10:52 PM

Yay.. spot on.. working, and a Sig.. ill get back to you on first unread..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 10:57 PM
Still no good on jumping to first unread.. baby steps..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Clunk
16th May 2013, 10:58 PM
Still doesn't take me to the last unread post though but that seems to be a but hit and miss, works on some threads but not on others, particularly this one.

They call me MCcrappatappalot!!!!!

BigRAWesty
16th May 2013, 11:18 PM
Mine sometimes open first, sometimes open up to random posts in the middle..
Mind you tapa never did either so I'm not to fused..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

growler2058
17th May 2013, 04:58 AM
Still doesn't take me to the last unread post though but that seems to be a but hit and miss, works on some threads but not on others, particularly this one.

Works fine with apple must be the crap handset you got clunky ;)

taslucas
17th May 2013, 08:04 AM

Lets all count together......... one...........two! yes that right, TWO quoted posts growler:)

growler2058
17th May 2013, 09:28 AM
Lets all count together......... one...........two! yes that right, TWO quoted posts growler:)

Tell someone

growler2058
17th May 2013, 09:28 AM

Who cares

taslucas
17th May 2013, 10:23 AM
Tell someone

Who cares

There ya go mate:-)

BigRAWesty
17th May 2013, 10:45 AM

Righto lets try..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yay.. spot on.. working, and a Sig.. ill get back to you on first unread..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Still no good on jumping to first unread.. baby steps..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Mine sometimes open first, sometimes open up to random posts in the middle..
Mind you tapa never did either so I'm not to fused..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Tell someone

Who cares

There ya go mate:-)

:D

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Cuppa
17th May 2013, 12:37 PM
Testing sig line to see if it says what I put or still gets changed to the MC one. Should read 'sent from an iThingy'.

Edit: nup, didn't work,

BigRAWesty
17th May 2013, 01:13 PM
Testing sig line to see if it says what I put or still gets changed to the MC one. Should read 'sent from an iThingy'.

Edit: nup, didn't work,

Are you selecting to use the custom Sig after entering the custom sig?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

AB
17th May 2013, 07:37 PM
It's a bit buggy this app. I better not shut down tappa until this is sorted.

If and when mc works fine if someone can let me know that would be appreciated!!!

MEGOMONSTER
17th May 2013, 10:37 PM

If and when mc works fine if someone can let me know that would be appreciated!!!

Sure thing PADRÉ

Clunk
18th May 2013, 12:22 AM

This new upload from last night seems to be ok so far, apart from the initial hiccup that is..... No crashes yet

MCcrappatappalot signing on..............

BigRAWesty
18th May 2013, 11:31 AM
Never had crashes on mine.
Sig is working fine now to.. just the jump to first unread issue and no adds..

Looking forward to making you money AB..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Alitis007
18th May 2013, 11:42 PM
Both tapacrap and motor crap ( mainly motor culture) keep crashing, its giving me the sh1ts big time, especially after you have written an essay..........

Maybe its time for a new phone......

taslucas
19th May 2013, 09:16 AM
Tappa probably crashed around 20 times for me over the last year, so not that bad. MC has only crashed once for me so far.
Hey George, have you tried Uninstalling and re installing MC?

Alitis007
19th May 2013, 09:22 AM
Nah i haven't but it hasn't even been updated on my iThrashedphone like your androids. I'll do it now actually, i'll let you know how it goes.....

AB
19th May 2013, 09:26 AM
Never had crashes on mine.
Sig is working fine now to.. just the jump to first unread issue and no adds..

Looking forward to making you money AB..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Thanks mate, once this is all up and running fine and I'll let everyone how it works...lol

Alitis007
19th May 2013, 09:38 AM
Re installed it, put my login in and couldn't get to latest, closed the app and got back into it then refreshed the list and it crashed... FFS!!

AB
19th May 2013, 09:41 AM
Re installed it, put my login in and couldn't get to latest, closed the app and got back into it then refreshed the list and it crashed... FFS!!

Yeah I did the same thing and had exactly the same problem. I think they are fixing it all this week....Hopefully...lol

Alitis007
19th May 2013, 09:45 AM
Just 1 more think i noticed Andy was when are quoted and get the notification for MC it doesn't load up the thread, just the forums list / accounts list mate. Dunno if that has been mentioned before??

Bob
21st May 2013, 08:54 AM
Had a notification that a update for Motorculture was available when I turned on my Phone this morning and installed the Update. and got the message

"Unfortunately Motorculture has stopped"

Deleted App and reinstalled and now can get into the Nissan Patrol Forum but when I go to Logon I get the same message as above

BTW this App was working quite OK before the above

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2013, 09:20 AM
I had the problem that Motorculture is not responding and I had to delete the app then re install and it works fine now??

BigRAWesty
21st May 2013, 09:37 AM
Done the update and all is good. Still add-less.. how r we spose to make Ab rich?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Bob
21st May 2013, 09:49 AM
I can browse the Forum but as soon as I try to logon i get the message as stated in my previous Post.

I can also access other Forums but not logon.

Very Strange

Winnie
21st May 2013, 09:56 AM
I can browse the Forum but as soon as I try to logon i get the message as stated in my previous Post.

I can also access other Forums but not logon.

Very Strange

Exact same problem here Bob.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Clunk
21st May 2013, 10:01 AM
Never known an app, beta version or not, to crash so much, especially after a new update!!!!!

taslucas
21st May 2013, 10:18 AM
I reinstalled and I've got no ads, it hasn't crashed but it does lag A LOT. Seems the worst when trying to go forward or backward a page.
Sig works now though

McCulture

Alitis007
21st May 2013, 11:11 AM
I did the MC iPhone update this morning , crashed after 5 mins but is a bit faster tho. See how it goes throughout the day!

Bob
21st May 2013, 11:26 AM
Gone back to Tappatalk until they sort App out

AB
21st May 2013, 12:56 PM
Gone back to Tappatalk until they sort App out

Yep I'm just editing until they sort it all out before I pull the plug on tappa.

They are working on it so please hang tight. Once we're all confident with it ill get rid of tappa but I'm not confident yet either...lol

Winnie
21st May 2013, 01:01 PM
Yeah unfortunately I am having to use tappa because I cannot sign into the forum on MC. It is working with no issues on my ipad though so I am still using it on that

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

MEGOMONSTER
21st May 2013, 04:35 PM
Since the new update, seems to be running seamlessly, no more lag.
Will see if it continues.

taslucas
21st May 2013, 05:37 PM
I tried to update today and it said "file package not recognised"

BigRAWesty
21st May 2013, 06:28 PM
I think we need to state phone type.
I'm on a HTC one xl with Telstra.
Running seamlessly on this update, just minus adds..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

growler2058
21st May 2013, 06:34 PM
I'm in the worlds greatest phone

taslucas
21st May 2013, 07:59 PM
I tried to update today and it said "file package not recognised"

I think we need to state phone type.
I'm on a HTC one xl with Telstra.
Running seamlessly on this update, just minus adds..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Im on my Sony Ericson Xperia arc. Android version 4.0.4

Clunk
21st May 2013, 08:46 PM
When the app crashes, just tap on report instead of force close..... That sends all the details of your phone to the app developers. You can also choose whether to send full details, such as what other app were running at the time of crash etc etc..........

Remember folks tap the REPORT, so developers are informed

taslucas
21st May 2013, 08:53 PM
lol, ive tried but that bit crashes too! lol and also tried to rate it but that bit crashed hafway thru lol

AB
21st May 2013, 09:02 PM
When the app crashes, just tap on report instead of force close..... That sends all the details of your phone to the app developers. You can also choose whether to send full details, such as what other app were running at the time of crash etc etc..........

Remember folks tap the REPORT, so developers are informed

Shot another email off so just waiting on their reply. They probably should not of released it juuuuuuuuust yet....lol

93patrol
21st May 2013, 09:44 PM
I am on iPhone 4S and don't have a drama with it. It's crashed once or twice but honestly all good from where I am no ads though

Clunk
21st May 2013, 10:50 PM
Shot another email off so just waiting on their reply. They probably should not of released it juuuuuuuuust yet....lol

Not really sure why they'd have many issues considering its running off the tappacrap platform..... Unless it's a really old version of tappacrap and it's something to do with running the ads aswell

Clunk
21st May 2013, 11:00 PM
Just tried uninstal/reinstall...... Still not able to login. Can view forum without loggin in though

Woof
22nd May 2013, 01:32 AM
Could not work Tappacrappa and can't work this new one either...........bloody new technology....lol

AB
22nd May 2013, 10:06 PM
Still no reply yet so don't go and delete TT just yet...lol

rusty_nail
22nd May 2013, 10:33 PM
I am on iPhone 4S and don't have a drama with it. It's crashed once or twice but honestly all good from where I am no ads though

X2 here mate, no dramas on iPhone 4

AB
23rd May 2013, 08:15 PM
I'll put up a new post soon to try and grab more attention but it looks like we are switching over at the start of next month.

They are working solid on fixing all bugs and will roll out their updates tomorrow so as of next week I'll put up a separate thread to hopefully identify any left over bugs so they can wrap it all up before the change over.

Appreciate all the help gents and lets get this new app sorted for the better.

Drew
23rd May 2013, 08:19 PM
Ab, I've noticed it's a bit laggy when scrolling with 100 posts might be my phone but I thought I'd say something

AB
23rd May 2013, 08:22 PM
Ab, I've noticed it's a bit laggy when scrolling with 100 posts might be my phone but I thought I'd say something

Nah ive noticed that too mate. I'm not very APP savvy so I just asked him do we need to update the MC app after these upgrades tomorrow or does it automatically upgrade...lol

I'll wait for the answer and I'll throw up a post on Monday to get everyone's attention with what's happening and see if we can find any bugs.

They appreciate our help as we have a lot of people using this app so we are the voice to fix all this crap and get it right so we can enjoy it.

BigRAWesty
24th May 2013, 12:08 AM
Nah ive noticed that too mate. I'm not very APP savvy so I just asked him do we need to update the MC app after these upgrades tomorrow or does it automatically upgrade...lol

I'll wait for the answer and I'll throw up a post on Monday to get everyone's attention with what's happening and see if we can find any bugs.

They appreciate our help as we have a lot of people using this app so we are the voice to fix all this crap and get it right so we can enjoy it.

We need a face palm icon.. ;)

Again good to see there proactive with fixing bugs..

I had a look at the other site these guys host, and not much traffic, and no found discussion on the new app.. so I think we really are the driving force for these guys..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Clunk
24th May 2013, 12:13 AM

Would love to be able to find any bugs but the damn thing won't open at all on the phone and on my tablet its interfering with the standard browser for some reason, so I've had to resort to deleting it completely off both devices..... Bloody thing is shitting me big time

BigRAWesty
24th May 2013, 12:47 AM
Bummer..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Clunk
24th May 2013, 12:53 AM
Bummer..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

And then some mate........ Don't understand it, worked fine after the initial snag withe the first update but has got worse and worse, until it doesn't work at all

BigRAWesty
24th May 2013, 02:32 AM
Mine had a no go stage after first update. Quick reinstall and all was good, but not for you..
Its not antivirus or something like that?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Clunk
24th May 2013, 02:56 AM
Mine had a no go stage after first update. Quick reinstall and all was good, but not for you..
Its not antivirus or something like that?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Nah man, all is clean

BigRAWesty
24th May 2013, 03:03 AM
Restart it after download?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

growler2058
24th May 2013, 03:47 AM
Would love to be able to find any bugs but the damn thing won't open at all on the phone and on my tablet its interfering with the standard browser for some reason, so I've had to resort to deleting it completely off both devices..... Bloody thing is shitting me big time

Shoulda got an iPhone ya nob hahahahahaha works fine ;)

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

BigRAWesty
24th May 2013, 05:47 AM

Oy.. android here MC'n quite fine here to..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Clunk
24th May 2013, 10:03 AM
Restart it after download?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yep done all that

Clunk
24th May 2013, 10:05 AM

I'd rather have have a useable phone than a useable app!!!!! Lol

growler2058
24th May 2013, 10:07 AM
I'd rather have have a useable phone than a useable app!!!!! Lol

Yeah yeah yeah whatever.........nob bwahahahhaa

Clunk
24th May 2013, 10:10 AM
Yeah yeah yeah whatever.........nob bwahahahhaa

You know it........ Dick lmfao

Clunk
27th May 2013, 04:48 PM
Any news on this yet AB?............ Have had to give it the flick on both my phone and tablet as it crashes when trying to login

BigRAWesty
27th May 2013, 04:52 PM
Maybe time to push on the dedicated NP app.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

taslucas
27th May 2013, 06:08 PM
Maybe time to push on the dedicated NP app.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Here here!! Id pay for that!

MudRunnerTD
27th May 2013, 06:10 PM
All MC'd up mate

Cuppa
27th May 2013, 06:20 PM
Testing signature

Edit: still puts it as below, not as I haven put it in settings.

growler2058
27th May 2013, 06:35 PM
I can get a sig line but only the default one even though ive changed it in the settings !@##$%^%$$#@$&*(*%%%

taslucas
27th May 2013, 07:09 PM
I can get a sig line but only the default one even though ive changed it in the settings !@##$%^%$$#@$&*(*%%%

Shoulda got an Android ya nob hahahahahaha works fine ;)

Sometimes you just gotta listen to your internal compass

Bob
27th May 2013, 07:17 PM
Still does not allowe to logon

Deleted app and re installed
Restarted phone

Cant test as it does not work

Android on samsung g3

Bloody useless app

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

scotty83
27th May 2013, 07:20 PM
Still issues here with android 4.1.1 phone. Tried restarting device as well no win.

Tapped on by ScottyB

Dirk Diggler
27th May 2013, 10:21 PM
Still does not allowe to logon

Deleted app and re installed
Restarted phone

Cant test as it does not work

Android on samsung g3

Bloody useless app

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yep exactly the same here:(

Going to uninstall it from my phone.

Clunk
27th May 2013, 10:24 PM
All you tapatalk users, don't forget to jump on through the normal website to vote so our illustrious leader and band of raggamuffins can see what we're using and where the most issues are............

NissanGQ4.2
27th May 2013, 10:38 PM
Hi guys, can you report all MC issues in this thread please if you haven't already done so and also vote in the poll: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?20897-Tapatalk-cut-off-on-Friday-Please-help-with-new-App-Motorculture

Will close this thread off

Cheers

Todd