PDA

View Full Version : Offset Hawse Fairlead for an ARB Custom Bull Bar?

willkenobi
13th May 2013, 12:52 PM
Anyone have any pics of an offset hawse fairlead fitted to a GU Patrol ARB Custom Bull Bar? Want to swap my steel cable for a Synthetic rope now but not sure on how recessed it's going to look.

Appreciate your help guys

MudRunnerTD
13th May 2013, 01:22 PM
what is a Custom ARB Bull bar? Also not sure why you would need an Offset fairlead? an standard one should be fine mate?

Have you got a pic of your bar?

willkenobi
13th May 2013, 02:14 PM
Hey TD,

Custom is just the name ARB sold it to me by, just because it was colour coded I guess. From the picture I think a normal one will be too far in and the rope could end up rubbing the up the bar on incline recovery scenarios.

MudRunnerTD
13th May 2013, 02:38 PM
An Offset Fairlead wont fix that though? an offset fairlead assumes that the hole int eh bar is in a different spot.

Looking at a pic of that bar in the ARB catalogue i would not be too concerned about it mate. you'd have to be winching Straight up for it to be rubbing there. If you are really concerned about it then buy 2 fairleads and use one as a Packer for the other and stack them as that will bring the front edge of the fairlead out in line with your bar.

I am running a Nissan standard Winch bar and have a rope and fairlead on it without trouble.

There is actually 2 different pics in the catalog. does yours have the fog lights or not? No Fog lights seem to have a Bend on that top contour plate that bends back towards the top roller and the Deluxe just seems to leave it as a tab.

threedogs
13th May 2013, 03:08 PM
The Fairlead be it Hauwse or roller is only to guide plasma style rope and wire rope back onto your winch.
Personally I like the Hauwse and Dyneema just for the weight saving alone.
They aren't reccessed they bolt on with existing holes

willkenobi
13th May 2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks a lot guys, mine is the Delux with fog lights.

I'll give it a try with one fairlead and if it doedn't do it I'll stack two of them

threedogs
13th May 2013, 03:57 PM
From memory all bolt holes are the same so you shouldn't need to drill anything
only thing you'll need to do is chose which style, poly , alloy brand etc

willkenobi
13th May 2013, 08:44 PM
Beauty, thanks guys

Really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk