PDA

View Full Version : My new MY08 - Service and diff oil change question

gingerboy
12th May 2013, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I've just intro'd myself and have a niggle in my mind I hope someone can help with please!

Bought an MY08 2009 diesel ST yesterday from a dealer in Melbourne. Its got 95% service history (1 or 2 service stamps missing I mean) at Dandenong Nissan dealer after 1 owner. Previous owner used it for towing, I wont. Just had clutch replaced at the dealer I bought it at, also they tell me its been serviced by them just recently, its got about 115,000kms on the clock.

My question is...would you guys be doing your own bit of servicing on it as well? I'm concerned they might not have done stuff like dropped the rear and front diff oil out in particular. Its on a novated lease, so I will have servicing costs built into the repayments, but can claim some expenses back if I bought my own oil and did this myself, or just took it in to a local mechanics and asked them to specifically do this kind of thing.

What are your thoughts? Bother or not and wait for next service? Sorry if this is a newbie kinda question! I've had a Discovery before and oil was always an issue (mainly leaks, haha!) so I always stayed on top of it.

Cheers.

threedogs
12th May 2013, 11:23 AM
Can you stamp book? , if not maybe buy filters and oil and get Mechanic to change.
Can't cost too much that way, plus you get your book stamped

gingerboy
12th May 2013, 11:48 AM
Good idea, thanks threedogs. Can't stamp myself no. I've also asked the dealer where I bought it yesterday if they can just throw this little addition in, but it wasn't in the original quote/agreement so i doubt they will.

threedogs
12th May 2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah they would have fixed service charges In there favour not yours IMO

NP99
12th May 2013, 06:01 PM
That's young age and km for a clutch!!!

my third 256
12th May 2013, 06:05 PM
next service is a big one 120k and will be approx $1100.00 they go through everything

MudRunnerTD
12th May 2013, 06:08 PM
That's young age and km for a clutch!!!

Was thinking that too :jawdrop:

gingerboy
12th May 2013, 08:38 PM
Well the clutch is done now so I don't have to worry about it right? Young age/low kms or not. The previous owner was towing a boat apparently. A big deal? I'd hope not for a car that's designed to do that!

And ta for info about 120k service. That works out well except for the cost! But as it's leased the service costs are built in so no nasty surprises I figure. I'll make sure they do actually do all the oil and greasing that I'm concerned about.