PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Irish

Bloodyaussie
12th May 2013, 10:44 AM
Some people come to this country and make a good go at it and enjoy everything this place has to offer and one of them is Peter!!

He came here some years ago after following his now wife Bek back from Ireland, we all met through a motorcycle group we were with.

Since being here he has gotten into hunting (this is how we met) and 4wding, he loves to brew his own grog and tinker with things himself (partly to save a dollar) ..

He married Bek only a few months ago and only yesterday got an offer accepted on a house he put a bid on.

Now he is a home owner in this great country and will have to finally buy a bloody lawn mower !!!

So to you Peter I say CONGRATULATIONS on your new home and glad to have met you, good on ya mate!!!!!

Alitis007
12th May 2013, 10:54 AM
Congrats Peter and all the best!!

threedogs
12th May 2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah nothing like owning your own lawn mower,I say, I'm on my third. Ah the Irish gotta love em
To be sure ,to be sure lol

Winnie
12th May 2013, 10:59 AM
I like his accent, it's funny.

threedogs
12th May 2013, 11:11 AM
He probably likes our accent too

Bloodyaussie
12th May 2013, 11:27 AM
Found some daggy photos... sorry I could not find the cool ones...he he!!!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/PICT0025.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/PICT0025.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/PICT0014.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/PICT0014.jpg.html)

MEGOMONSTER
12th May 2013, 11:44 AM
Congrats Peter, wish you all the best

Lonicus
12th May 2013, 12:23 PM
Well done mate!

Sir Roofy
12th May 2013, 01:12 PM
Good on ya mate your the nicest bloke ive met in a long while
may you change many blades in your new yard

Cuppa
12th May 2013, 01:23 PM
Goodonya Irish.
We came over here in '87 with a clear view about 'making a go of it', & haven't ever regretted that decision, not for even a milisecond. Before we came over we had spent a couple of holidays in Ireland & once we arrived here I can recall thinking that Australia in some ways was like Ireland, but bigger, less green & drier. What seemed similar was the relatively laid back lifestyle. Can understand you brewing your own beer though, 'cos even though I consider myself 'true blue' these days I reckon that Aussies still haven't learned to make anything other than cold fizzy lagers.

Cuppa 🍀

Wine_maker
12th May 2013, 02:39 PM
Congrats and all the best!!

Coldcomfort
12th May 2013, 03:05 PM
Australia needs more like him. Wecome home Irish.......

krbrooking
12th May 2013, 03:15 PM
Good on ya Peter and all the best, your a top bloke.

Bloodyaussie
12th May 2013, 06:45 PM
Good on ya Peter and all the best, your a top bloke.

Now lets not go too far there!!!!!he he!!

The other thing Peter likes to do is get in his pajamas and wrestle with other men........ you know all that MMA stuff... weirdo !!

krbrooking
12th May 2013, 06:52 PM
My kind of man. Oh wait he is married!!! Damb and so am I. Lol

mudski
12th May 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm still stuck on the third paragraph! He makes his own brew!!! WTF!!! GIMMIE SOME!!! I don't care about the rest :)

Bloodyaussie
12th May 2013, 08:00 PM
He makes scotch, beer ,stout.... and maybe more... I start to tune out when he talks longer than 5min!!!

Found this pick of me in front of Peters mighty Mav's first outing on a property near Woodend we use to shoot on heaps...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/PICT0028.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/PICT0028.jpg.html)

Winnie
12th May 2013, 08:26 PM
Wow it's funny to see the Mav looking nice and stock, big difference now!

Irish
12th May 2013, 09:53 PM
Some people come to this country and make a good go at it and enjoy everything this place has to offer and one of them is Peter!!

He came here some years ago after following his now wife Bek back from Ireland, we all met through a motorcycle group we were with.

Since being here he has gotten into hunting (this is how we met) and 4wding, he loves to brew his own grog and tinker with things himself (partly to save a dollar) ..

He married Bek only a few months ago and only yesterday got an offer accepted on a house he put a bid on.

Now he is a home owner in this great country and will have to finally buy a bloody lawn mower !!!

So to you Peter I say CONGRATULATIONS on your new home and glad to have met you, good on ya mate!!!!!

Thanks BA and everyone else for your kind words.

It was a big thing moving away from my family and friends back home, I basically sold off everything I owned when I came here.

Thanks to Bek and her amazing parents I felt welcome straight away and after meeting BA and becoming fast friends/best mates, I was introduced to the best that this country has to offer, good honest people, a good way of life and one amazing landscape that I've only scratched the surface on.

Over seven years down the track and we're now taking the next big step, feel kind of proud that we'll soon own a tiny slice of this great land.

Scared shitless but very excited at the same time.

Irish
12th May 2013, 10:02 PM
Also, kinda funny how far the mighty Maverick(The bunny wagon) has come in only a few short years.

From this:http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/Irishpete/Datsun/IMAG0201.jpg

To this:http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/Irishpete/avatar_zps53f7f716.jpg

Bloodyaussie
13th July 2013, 10:19 PM
Well an update in Petes life....... I spent the day yesterday helping Pete move in to his first home and it is huge.... and wait for it................ his garage could fit 4 GQ's, but no GU's with room to work on them all at the same time!!!

He has the perfect man cave with so much storage you would struggle to fill all the cuboards.

His mother inlaw said to him " I hope you are going to label everything properly" and Petes response was classic..... "Yes they will all be marked miscellaneous" GOLD!!!!!!

A few mods to do including making a ramp and on that subject anyone got any think metal grill so we can make a ramp strong enough to support a GQ, I have all the other steel we will need?

Anyway cheers Pete and thanks for the sore back and knees mate!!!

healy
13th July 2013, 10:23 PM
Well an update in Petes life....... I spent the day yesterday helping Pete move in to his first home and it is huge.... and wait for it................ his garage could fit 4 GQ's, but no GU's with room to work on them all at the same time!!!

He has the perfect man cave with so much storage you would struggle to fill all the cuboards.

His mother inlaw said to him " I hope you are going to label everything properly" and Petes response was classic..... "Yes they will all be marked miscellaneous" GOLD!!!!!!

A few mods to do including making a ramp and on that subject anyone got any think metal grill so we can make a ramp strong enough to support a GQ, I have all the other steel we will need?

Anyway cheers Pete and thanks for the sore back and knees mate!!!

Thought you helped him move why are your knees sore?????

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Bloodyaussie
13th July 2013, 10:27 PM
Te knees were sore from removing front and rear diffs and petrol tank and other bits a few days before then helping him move just added to the pain... he is down your way now Healy at Carrum downs??

healy
13th July 2013, 10:29 PM
Is he awsome im in carrum downs ill keep him warm fir you johno should have toldme would have helped with the move

Bloodyaussie
13th July 2013, 10:36 PM
More like he'll keep you warm.... did not even think about it actually we could have used the extra hands as it was me his wifes dad and Pete... and Pete has so much shit!!!!!! I have kids and dont have nearly the crap he has??

healy
13th July 2013, 10:44 PM
All good least someone from the west has found his feet in the south east smart move irish

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 08:22 AM
Congrats Peter and Bek

AB
14th July 2013, 09:02 AM
Well done Irish!!!

Here's a little test for you too mate...

1. You know the meaning of the word "girt".
2. You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.
3. You think it's normal to have a leader called Kevin.
4. You waddle when you walk due to the 53 expired petrol discount vouchers stuffed in your wallet or purse.
5. You've made a bong out of your garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.
6. You believe it is appropriate to put a rubber in your son's pencil case when he first attends school.
7. When you hear that an American "roots for his team" you wonder how often and with whom.
8. You understand that the phrase "a group of women wearing black thongs" refers to footwear and may be less alluring than it sounds.
9. You pronounce Melbourne as "Mel-bin".
10. You pronounce Penrith as "Pen-riff".
11. You believe the "l" in the word "Australia" is optional.
12. You can translate: "Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca on the way to Maccas."
13. You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with large fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep.
14. You call your best friend "a total bastard" but someone you really, truly despise is just "a bit of a bastard".
15. You think "Woolloomooloo" is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.
16. You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife.
17. You believe it makes sense for a country to have a $1 coin that's twice as big as its $2 coin.
18. You understand that "Wagga Wagga" can be abbreviated to "Wagga" but "Woy Woy" can't be called "Woy".
19. You believe that cooked-down axlegrease makes a good breakfast spread.
20. You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.
21. Hamburger. Beetroot. Of course.
22. You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the Angels' song Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again.
23. You believe, as an article of faith, that the confectionary known as the Wagon Wheel has become smaller with every passing year.
24. You still don't get why the "Labor" in "Australian Labor Party" is not spelt with a "u".

Bloodyaussie
14th July 2013, 09:42 AM
All I know his he can swear like an Irish truck driver and he says Tink instead of think!!!

DX grunt
14th July 2013, 10:16 AM
Somebody tell him the correct pronunciation of fings and fongs is things and thongs. lol