PDA

View Full Version : Diff gearing?

Jimbo4x4
12th May 2013, 09:46 AM
G'day all,

I'm looking for some advice?

I've got a 2012 3L Auto Patrol with 2 inch lift, 33 inch Coopers, Roo Systems chip and exhaust. My problem is when towing my camper trailer I have a lack of power- it's great when I'm just driving it on it's own but since I've put on the 33's , as soon as I'm loaded with the camper on, it's struggling up hills and the EGT will easily push to 650 degrees.

I know a cross country intercooler will help me with the temperature but it's the lack of power when towing that I'd like to fix. Should I change the diff gearing back to standard and what diff gears should I put in?

Anyone got any advice?
Cheers,
Jim

threedogs
12th May 2013, 09:52 AM
Think this is duplicate but I have different answer this time,
Go get your Patrol Dynoed, can't see what makes yours different.
Could just be a dirty MAF sensor, Easy to DIY with cleaner from Super cheap.
Tyre pressure around 38-40 psi
Disconnect the chip as might be over fueling {black Smoke}

Jimbo4x4
12th May 2013, 05:31 PM
Cheers threedogs will check the MAF sensor, It may be dirty, We did a trip into the simpson last year and i had a pre filter on the snorkel the one thats pre oiled ! When i changed the air filter that had oil on it so will give the MAF a clean. Just had the chip remapped by Roo as it went down to limp mode on the last trip ! Plugged it back in last week, More power but not as much as i was hoping for, Were taking the camper on a run next weekend so will test how it runs under load then. The truck only has 15.000 kms so it just may need more running in ?

threedogs
12th May 2013, 05:56 PM
You may need to fit a Provent 200 catch can, plus any of the pre oiled foam style filters are a big no no.
They'll coat a MAF very Quickly. While your cleaning MAF disconnect battery at the same time might re set a few things IMO.
Chip remapped sounds interesting??????