PDA

View Full Version : Rear dickie seat (GQ)

Clunk
22nd December 2010, 01:33 AM
Would anyone happen to know what size type bolts are used to secure the rear dickie seat in the back of a '94 GQ?

Bigrig
22nd December 2010, 11:17 AM
Don't know the size, but you can have mine in a few weeks time if you need some - seat is coming out to make way for a storage system ... probably be easier to pick up some locally though than post across the country though!!! lol ... but the offer is there ...

Clunk
22nd December 2010, 04:55 PM
Don't know the size, but you can have mine in a few weeks time if you need some - seat is coming out to make way for a storage system ... probably be easier to pick up some locally though than post across the country though!!! lol ... but the offer is there ...

Hahahaha too true mate. Will kep on looking and trying. Haven't used it yet and won't be a permanent fixture, only needed when carting the in outlaws around.

Roger
22nd December 2010, 05:41 PM
I have just taken mine out to allow more room in the back And the size of the bolts are 7mm. Hope this helps.

Clunk
23rd December 2010, 01:40 AM
I have just taken mine out to allow more room in the back And the size of the bolts are 7mm. Hope this helps.

Thanks Roger, I don't suppose you know if they're imperial or metric?

Bigrig
23rd December 2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks Roger, I don't suppose you know if they're imperial or metric?

Automotive ... don't ask me what that means, but everytime I go down to the Bolt King, they tell me "that's automotive mate, don't know where you'd pick one up" and proceed to sell me a metric equivalent ...

bsax
23rd December 2010, 07:17 PM
metric and imperial is just the unit system of measurement.
aka 7mm is is metric along with meters and kilometers, while imperial is like inches and feet.

or am i getting it all mixed up and they have seperate meanings?

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2010, 07:29 PM
where to start????

Metric, Imperial, BSW

Different Grades

Just when you though a bolt was just a bolt

Here is some light reading for anyone that is interested

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/NutsandBolts/Nuts&Bolts_signed.pdf

http://www.precisionscrewandbolt.com/metric.htm

Clunk
23rd December 2010, 07:35 PM
metric and imperial is just the unit system of measurement.
aka 7mm is is metric along with meters and kilometers, while imperial is like inches and feet.

or am i getting it all mixed up and they have seperate meanings?

You are quite correct but I believe when it comes to bolts, the pitch and distance between the thread is different. For example a 3/8's in bolt won't fit into a 9 or 10mm threaded hole, or visa versa coz the thread is different............... I think lol

nedoleboy
30th December 2010, 12:52 AM
does anyone know if they need to be high tensile?

Clunk
1st January 2011, 03:18 AM
soryy mate, I wouldn't have a clue

Maxhead
1st January 2011, 03:23 AM
I know what you mean.

Mine is a black bolt...but thats all I know. Will have a look tomorrow and tell ya

Clunk
18th June 2011, 08:23 PM
well I finally gone and did it, the rear seat is now in for next weeks jaunt down south with 5 other blokes, so rear seat had to be fitted........................... after lots of hunting around I finally found the right bolts in Supercrap........
Bolt size is a fine thread M10 x 1.25 x 25 and I wouldn't go for anything longer than 25mm...... you may end up crushing the wiring that runs along the top of the chassis (passenger side) and blowing the indicator and hazard light fuses, oh and petrol gauge needle may go off the scale

timbar
18th June 2011, 09:25 PM
well done Adrian i knew you would work it out only took 6 months hahahahahahahahahaha

Clunk
18th June 2011, 09:53 PM
well done Adrian i knew you would work it out only took 6 months hahahahahahahahahaha

hahahaha yeah crap so it has......... just needed that extra push, I always get round to suff eventually pml

timbar
18th June 2011, 09:55 PM
hey gunna go have some dinner will chat to you later on n/s

the godfather
19th June 2011, 01:05 AM
does anyone know if they need to be high tensile?

Yes they do. they need to be grade 8 high tensile.

Warnie
21st June 2011, 02:50 PM
I just go to a nuts and bolts shop if I ever need any nuts or bolts. They will have alot more than supercheap or any auto store. In Brisbane I got to the bolt king at capalaba www.boltking.com.au . They have everything you could ever need in the way of nuts and bolts (I am not associated with them just been happy with them in the past).