PDA

View Full Version : Question for GU 8 owners

Waka
10th May 2013, 06:19 PM
I'm hoping someone can tell me if the dash light for the factory diff lock continues to flash once the diff lock is engaged? I'm sure mine previously stopped flashing (but stayed illuminated) once it was engaged but now it continues to flash nonstop whilst in the on position. I'm pretty sure the diff lock is not engaging just by the lack of increased traction experienced on a recent loose, steep hill climb out on the tracks. I asked Nissan to check during a routine service today and they assured me it's working fine and that it's normal for the dash light to continually flash, but I'm not convinced. Am I wrong?

Any ideas on how to check for sure would be appreciated.

Waka

jack
10th May 2013, 07:07 PM
Hey Waka, you are correct it stays illuminated and doesn't flash.

WogsRus
10th May 2013, 08:22 PM
it will only flash when not engaged or at speeds higher then 20 kilometers per hour.

Blacklotusdog
10th May 2013, 08:29 PM
As above mine stays solid.

MudRunnerTD
10th May 2013, 10:58 PM
Flashing would drive you Nuts!

Bulbous
11th May 2013, 05:58 AM
Flashing would drive you Nuts!

Flashing will only drive you nuts if the damned beep hasn't already done so.
The light will continue to flash until engaged, which requires all the gears to mesh correctly. So it may not be a defect, just it hasn't meshed. I find the easiest way to get it to lock is to just wriggle the steering to flex the drive line a bit.

Waka
11th May 2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys...I knew I was right. Funny how we know better than the guys that service the cars.

I'll take it back and tell them to fix it.

Waka

Waka
11th June 2013, 09:10 PM
Well $500 later it's fixed. The hose for the vacuum had come off at the diff whilst driving down in the high country. I'm guessing I engaged the locker with the hose disconected prior to driving through a bog hole and she sucked up a gut load of mud. The vacuum was stuffed and the line had to be cleaned out. A lesson for a GU8 owners, ensure the hoses are clamped on tight and conduct random checks off road, particularly when there are rogue branches in the track.

Wake

MEGOMONSTER
11th June 2013, 10:19 PM
Glad you got it all sorted, isn't it funny how we tell em it's broke but they say it not broke so we not fix it.

Send it in with something wrong and they can't find it.

Waka
12th June 2013, 02:11 PM
too right Megomonster...

I haven't tested it yet. I might need to drop the domestic duties this weekend and test it out!!!

MEGOMONSTER
12th June 2013, 07:41 PM
too right Megomonster...

I haven't tested it yet. I might need to drop the domestic duties this weekend and test it out!!!

That is exactly what you should be doing.

gu8
26th June 2013, 07:48 PM
Dose anyone know if the ABLS on the GU8s works in low range ?