PDA

View Full Version : Smoking depression :(

Forbes4x4
9th May 2013, 08:31 PM
It's a sad day when you've been smoking as long as your 98 GU 2.8TD patrol is old and it sounds as though it'll be easier for you to quit smoking than it will for your Patrol to quit smoking!

threedogs
10th May 2013, 10:24 AM
Quit mate I did ,I used to smoke 50+ a day easy. now smoke free for nearly one year now.
Saving a few bucks I think, plus can now breathe, best thing Ive ever done.
Don't preach thats the last thing ppl want to hear, smoking is still legal

kevin07
10th May 2013, 11:42 AM
when u give up not only will you feel better you will have enough money for a new troll. now all you gotta do is eat some cement and then you will be able to quit

the ferret
10th May 2013, 11:47 AM
A set of rings will stop the troll smok'n,
determination will stop you smok'n.
Not trying to preach, I smoke!!
Cheers, the ferret.

NP99
10th May 2013, 02:23 PM
Hard to imagine a plane cabin was filled with smoke years back......feel sorry for non smokers on plane travel back then!

Coldcomfort
10th May 2013, 04:36 PM
I've always looked at smokers as if they are commiting very slow painfull suicide. You have to quit ... if not for you, for your loved one's. Good luck with it. There are very few smokers that managed to kick it their first attempt.

SonOf
12th May 2013, 01:56 PM
Used to smoke, quitting was made easier by other half offering the ultimatum of smokes or sex - no brainer there lol
Also makes the hangover less painful IMO
It is amazing how you feel after the initial withdrawals so good luck with it.

Forbes4x4
18th July 2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the quit smoking advice guys.. I've actually quit before for like 8 months; it was stupid of me think I could get away with social smoking and not get fully hooked again! Starting to quit now by at least cutting back with the intension of quitting fully soon. As for my GU 2.8TD quitting smoking with me, iv'e eliminated most causes except for wearing piston rings.. Hopefully the money I save from me quitting smoking will pay for the new rings!

Wish me luck....

MudRunnerTD
18th July 2013, 08:24 PM
Good luck mate. 9 years smoke free after smoking 50 to 70 a day.

Made a promise to myself then, if I give up the smokes I will never drink White Label burbourn again! Black or Better, Top shelf or nothing. Fair promise and one that stands today.

Clunk
18th July 2013, 08:41 PM
Mate I quit 2 weeks ago today....... Just went cold turkey. Finding it turf, though some days better than others and still haven't lost the urge to kill someone lmao

MC..... It isn't Tappa but it's all I've got!!!!!!! :'(

firm351
18th July 2013, 08:53 PM
Good luck with it mate. For me social smoking just doesn't work I would have a couple while on the pi55 then I would be back at square one and have to start all over again. I've now found myself avoiding situations where people are smoking, not because I don't like people smoking but because I know will get the urge to have one. I have two small kids and one on the way I want to be fit and healthy for my family but it's bloody hard work mate. 4 years on and I still struggle most days. Again good luck bud.

TheLocksmith
18th July 2013, 09:04 PM
It's a sad day when you've been smoking as long as your 98 GU 2.8TD patrol is old and it sounds as though it'll be easier for you to quit smoking than it will for your Patrol to quit smoking!

Harmonica! It gives your lungs the draw action and hand to mouth.

mudnut
18th July 2013, 09:26 PM
Keep at it, blokes. I made sure I put my ex-smoking cash away. Over the years, so far it has paid for a trip to WA, (fishing for Spanish mackerel at Exmouth, yeah baby!), a good second hand station wagon, a fair whack towards the house deposit and all of the mods for my Old Trol.

Drewboyaus
18th July 2013, 10:44 PM
If you're a pack a day it will be $500+ in your pocket every month.
That'll have a TD42 transplanted into the GU in no time......that'll stop the 2.8 smoking!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Clunk
18th July 2013, 11:56 PM
still efn hungry

Rustyboner81
19th July 2013, 01:10 AM
I quit over two years ago.
Do regular medicals for work. Lungs are now 100%.
Its never too late

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Motorculture mobile app

Rustyboner81
19th July 2013, 01:13 AM
Eat.
Just dont eat sh#t.
Get a big bag of almonds or something

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Motorculture mobile app

Forbes4x4
20th July 2013, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a good compromise! I'll have to come up with a good promise/treat for myself.. Maybe a newer Patrol after a couple years smoke free!

Forbes4x4
20th July 2013, 09:42 PM
Good idea but I actually have one. It's been promised by a certain family member that if I ever play it around anything capable of hearing I'll have it shoved where the sun don't shine!

Forbes4x4
20th July 2013, 09:47 PM
If you're a pack a day it will be $500+ in your pocket every month.
That'll have a TD42 transplanted into the GU in no time......that'll stop the 2.8 smoking!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Now there's a good thought! Honestly the TD28 does test ones patience sometimes especially in soft sand when you drop off turbo :(

LachDiggityDog
21st July 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Forbes4x4.

I use to smoke as well not for a long time but after quitting I felt so much better for doing it. Keep at it mate you will get there!

growler2058
21st July 2013, 06:42 PM
I got hypnotized maybe 7-8 years ago now. I look at myself as a non smoker not someone who quit/give it away. On hols at the moment and it pisses me off that you can smoke in a restaurant here and most people who smoke do!
Hypno is basically cold turkey but without the withdrawals
Cutting down never worked for me it had to be all or nothing I chose nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

taslucas
21st July 2013, 07:07 PM
I got hypnotized maybe 7-8 years ago now. I look at myself as a non smoker not someone who quit/give it away. On hols at the moment and it pisses me off that you can smoke in a restaurant here and most people who smoke do!
Hypno is basically cold turkey but without the withdrawals
Cutting down never worked for me it had to be all or nothing I chose nothing

And every time someone says "rabbits" he drops to all fours and barks like a dog

Avo
21st July 2013, 07:14 PM
I gave up 3 yrs ago.best thing I did.At the time my daughter was on medication every day for Asthma,within a very short period(say 3-6 months)she no longer has to take it.On the rare occasion if she might if she is sick.
I did it for me at the time and then realised the real benefits.
Hope you succeed this time,good luck

Cheers

growler2058
21st July 2013, 07:55 PM
And every time someone says "rabbits" he drops to all fours and barks like a dog

Nothing like that.............................

I did wake up with a sore arse tho ;)