PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone I'm new and want to introduce my new car.. 98 GU ST TD2.8 Patrol

Forbes4x4
9th May 2013, 08:20 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm new this forum and want to introduce my new toy I got almost a month ago now.. 98 GU ST TD2.8 Patrol. It's my first 4x4 and I think it's a great! Iv'e taken 4x4 twice now to the beachside of Bribie Island (QLD). First time there was no dramas what so ever but unfortunately second time round it overheated.. I put this down to not letting air out of my tyres (out of laziness having to fill them up again) and pushing the motor a little to hard to compensate through the soft sand.

Apart from the overheating once, it does make a bit of white smoke when in higher revs too which is a little concerning now after reading some of the causes why.. Other than that I love my new Patrol!

Mods so far.. Safari Snorkel, 33 inch Micky Thompson MTZ Baja muddies, DP Chip & 2 inch OME suspension upgrade, UHF arial (no radio though) & Narva spotties too!

If anyone has wise advise about white smoke or some cheaper easy mods I haven't listed I'd love to hear from anyone!

- Forbes4x4

Clunk
9th May 2013, 09:02 PM
Gday mate and welcome aboard. Can't help with the white smoking coz I know nothing about oil burners, in facti know nothing about anything really :D.....
First things first, ifyou haven't done so already, get yourself a compressor and some recovery gear - snatch strap, decent recovery points for the front, tow hitch receiver and shackle for the rear (if you have a Reece hitch). What ever you do, never ever do a recovery from your tow ball....... Plenty of info on that subject if you use the search function.
As far as mods go, looks like you've got what's neededto get you plenty of places

Have a good look around here and enjoy

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Bloodyaussie
9th May 2013, 09:28 PM
Welcome aboard mate..............

MEGOMONSTER
9th May 2013, 09:29 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
9th May 2013, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Have a read of this thread below re the smoke...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12450-Why-Diesels-Smoke

Dhuck
9th May 2013, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
11th May 2013, 09:21 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

Sir Roofy
11th May 2013, 10:09 AM
welcome to the forum mate

04OFF
11th May 2013, 01:38 PM
:smiley_thumbs_up:Welcome aboard mate, and if you have any pics from bribie we would love to see em please ?

threedogs
11th May 2013, 02:52 PM
Hi and welcome to the Forum as suggested never ever be tempted to use the towball for recovery.
Join a club in your area, you'll find heaps of like minded ppl, or arrange a meet up on this forum.
Jump in anytime and enjoy, If you dont know something ask away as no silly question here, this is where you ask.
Plenty of ppl here only to willing to help on all matters. Pics of the new Patrol would be great we love pics here

Timmo
15th May 2013, 09:49 AM
welcome to the forum buddy enjoy

Stropp
15th May 2013, 06:42 PM
welcome along mate as they say wheres the pics, we love pics.

my third 256
16th May 2013, 12:14 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Forbes4x4
20th July 2013, 09:53 PM
I'm well on my way to getting my TD2.8 the way I want it set up. Got the recovery gears (just not the TRED's yet) and a good air compressor. Latest mods is a heavy duty clutch and solid fly wheel. Next either a steel rear bar as one of the plastic ones are help on with lock ties or maybe a good exhaust which will go well with the DP chip.

Gday mate and welcome aboard. Can't help with the white smoking coz I know nothing about oil burners, in facti know nothing about anything really :D.....
First things first, ifyou haven't done so already, get yourself a compressor and some recovery gear - snatch strap, decent recovery points for the front, tow hitch receiver and shackle for the rear (if you have a Reece hitch). What ever you do, never ever do a recovery from your tow ball....... Plenty of info on that subject if you use the search function.
As far as mods go, looks like you've got what's neededto get you plenty of places

Have a good look around here and enjoy

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Forbes4x4
20th July 2013, 09:58 PM
I have a few ok pics of Bribie, not really many of 4x4 stuff but a few of the wildlife and views etc. When I get around to putting them on my computer i'll post them up.

:smiley_thumbs_up:Welcome aboard mate, and if you have any pics from bribie we would love to see em please ?

riotpatrol
22nd July 2013, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

milecruncher
23rd July 2013, 06:22 PM
hey welcome to the best Patrol gang on earth ... you'll get loads of info here ... check the fip calibration ... cheers viv

Drew
23rd July 2013, 06:28 PM
Welcome :bananarock:

trekster
23rd July 2013, 08:17 PM
Hello and welcome, I see you've got the best patrol motor right there like me, Excellent choice lad!

Cheers,
Eric.