PDA

View Full Version : Email from 4wd tv

threedogs
9th May 2013, 05:18 PM
hi all I've been bombarded with emails all afternoon about this 4x4 show stuff. I have a response from Simon that AB wants put on the Forum. AB is under the pump with other matters. but if someone can email me at outbackideas@gmail.com I'll forward it to you to post here. Makes for interesting reading.

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2013, 05:20 PM
Email sent mate

Cheers

Toddie

the ferret
9th May 2013, 05:24 PM
Just need to get some more popcorn, hang on a minute!!
Cheers, the ferret.

threedogs
9th May 2013, 05:32 PM
BA has emailed and Simons response in whole has been forwarded
GQ4.2 no email yet but will forward all for your viewing, Re check email address my bad

Bloodyaussie
9th May 2013, 05:36 PM
I have prepared this statement in support of all of our valued sponsors. Please share it from our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/4wdtv or distribute as you see fit:

Hi Everyone, as a producer of three different TV shows and having been involved with 4wdriving and the 4wd industry for around 30 years I have been shocked and disheartened by recent actions, statements and untruths being hurled around openly on numerous forums. Far from wanting to be involved in any extension of the goings on, I do feel it is a pertinent time to reiterate a number of my observations of the Australian 4wd industry.

For 9 years we have been producing our TV shows and that time has seen us travelling all over Australia and highlighting the positives of every aspect of the 4wd scene. As a result of our focus, choice and hard work, we have been fortunate enough to partner with many of Australia's top 4x4 accessory designers and manufacturers. These partnerships have seen us working closely with each company and developing open and honest relationships that we will proudly continue to foster and promote.

Over the years I have seen and heard it all. But a recent claim from a prominent media identity that states in writing "not much is actually made in Australia by anyone these days" has outright offended me. I have personally visited countless factories, workplaces and workshops where high quality workmanship is being carried out locally on a daily basis and on a global scale. These local manufacturers directly and collectively employ thousands of Aussies, they invest heavily in local design, R&D, extensive testing and more. Considering the high cost of Australian wages, floor space, real estate, compliance, quality assurance, amenities and other overheads these companies need to be applauded for their continuing commitment to supporting the Australian economy and striving to develop the best, the safest and the most functional 4x4 products the world has ever seen.

In many cases these companies welcome factory tours and are open and proud of their local manufacturing. I have personally hosted and produced numerous videos on this and I urge you to do your own research and visit these amazing Australian plants and speak to the owners and staff themselves. They will openly explain to you what they manufacture and what parts or accessories, if any, are imported to compliment their range.

When selecting partners for our programs it has been critical to both Miranda and Myself that we set clear and distinct boundaries for the quality of the products, warranties and services offered by these companies. At the end of the day I am representing them to well over a million viewers weekly and that puts my name and credibility on the line.

Some of these companies exclusively manufacture within Australia, some import part or a range of quality accessories to compliment what they are manufacturing locally and others solely import high quality products from overseas. But in each and every case it is the local Australian warranty, guarantee and service backed by extensive Australian staff, facilities and outlets that earns our vote.

This personal statement from myself is not an opportunity to attack or offend anyone. I am not interested in being involved in any tit for tat, untruths, false claims or erroneous rumours. I am simply stating what I have personally experienced and why I passionately stand by and support the companies that we have partnered with. Please do not respond with any accusations, negativity or individual experiences...no one is perfect and this post is not about that.

I will though make one final statement in regards to overseas product: China and many other countries can produce quality products good enough for NASA, the issues with cheap and dangerous overseas products come about when disreputable people ignore the R&D, quality assurance, functionality and testing of a product and request it bulk built not to a specification but to a much lower price. This is only one part of the puzzle but if you can honestly understand this then you will start to understand how important our local 4x4 accessory manufacturing is and how it should be celebrated. It is truly something we can all be globally proud of.

Simon Christie
Director, Host and Owner.
4wd TV
YOUR4X4
4wd ProTips

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2013, 05:41 PM
Yeh I just got a return email delivery failure, should of picked it up

Resent email anyway

Just seen what BA just posted on there FB page

Bloodyaussie
9th May 2013, 05:43 PM
I have no idea...... and at this stage I dont give a shit either, got my crap to worry about!!! all these bloody children crying and carrying on!!!

threedogs
9th May 2013, 05:45 PM
@ nissangq4.2 I've forwarded some if you want the rest yell out.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TD

NP99
9th May 2013, 05:46 PM
Good read, but I'd like to know who imports what and what products are made locally. It's a dogs breakfast the truth in labelling or Aus made.

BigRAWesty
9th May 2013, 05:46 PM
Sooooooo, is he basically trying to smother his own employee who made the offending statement and sweep it under the rug?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2013, 05:52 PM
@ nissangq4.2 I've forwarded some if you want the rest yell out.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TD

If there all just replies to the original email don't worry about forwarding them on

Cheers

Todd

threedogs
9th May 2013, 05:59 PM
Basically thats all they are as per the ones Ive sent already.

MudRunnerTD
9th May 2013, 07:44 PM
Good read, but I'd like to know who imports what and what products are made locally. It's a dogs breakfast the truth in labelling or Aus made.

I have had the pleasure of a guided tour through the ARB factory in Kilsyth Victoria. It exists. It is Big and their Bull Bar production line is extraordinary. There product testing is amazing and achieving ADR compliance is expensive.

ARB factory in Kilsyth supplies the WORLD WIDE MARKET of ARB bull Bars. Also ALL THE HIGH OUTPUT COMPRESSORS are made in Kilsyth for the World market.

An ARB air Locker is billeted out of a single lump of metal IN KILSYTH and ALL THEIR BULL BARS are made in house on their line. All their jigs and patterns are racked up and their Plasma cutter is setup to even cut the washes out of the scrap sheet!

Worth every cent!

MudRunnerTD
9th May 2013, 07:46 PM
Sooooooo, is he basically trying to smother his own employee who made the offending statement and sweep it under the rug?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

You lost me Kallen? Are you talking about Simon?

Tonks
9th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Breathe,

Who gives a flying F$%k,

Worry about the kids footy training , piano lessons & cleaning there teeth before they go to bed,

Please.

BigRAWesty
9th May 2013, 08:26 PM
You lost me Kallen? Are you talking about Simon?

Its was roothy who made that comment didn't he? And 4wd tv are affiliated in the pit aint they?? Or am I confusing myself.. sorry if I am.. its not hard... :rolleyes:

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MudRunnerTD
9th May 2013, 09:21 PM
Its was roothy who made that comment didn't he? And 4wd tv are affiliated in the pit aint they?? Or am I confusing myself.. sorry if I am.. its not hard... :rolleyes:

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

No Definitely Not associated in any way. Absolute opposites.

AB
9th May 2013, 09:27 PM

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Definitely not associated Westy....lol

At the end of the day it is up to us (the consumer) to make the decision but what we can agree upon is their publicity stunt has certianly back fired thats for sure.

04OFF
9th May 2013, 10:44 PM
Almost didn't recognise him without all the "pauses" :)

Drewboyaus
9th May 2013, 11:03 PM
Almost didn't recognise him without all the "pauses" :)

PML

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

BigRAWesty
9th May 2013, 11:07 PM
Ok.. I'm confused... I'll go back to my hole then..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

NP99
9th May 2013, 11:13 PM
Ok.. I'm confused... I'll go back to my hole then..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

I'm glad I'm not Robinson Crusoe! I'm totally lost....