PDA

View Full Version : What tyres are you running and are you happy with them

Nutta28
8th May 2013, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone I just wanted to here everyone's thoughts on tyre.
I want to no what tyres you are running including size and pressures you run them at.
If you are happy with them and would you run them again.
I want to not the good the bad and the ugly about them.
And any comparonsons you can give me.
And I want to see what everyone thinks is the best off road tyre and why

threedogs
8th May 2013, 02:43 PM
I run 2 sets Cooper ATRs for HWY and around town 35psi around town and 40 psi on the hwy,
Off road I run Mickey Thomspons MTZs 305s x 16s PSI anything down to 16 psi
Coopers nice and quiet returning great wear and fuel
MTZs just starting to get noisy not worried about fuel etc as long as they hang on.
Next time I'm trying Cooper 4 rib A/Ts on OE mags in 305 size

Nutta28
8th May 2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks three dogs for starting the tread off for me

Nutta28
8th May 2013, 02:48 PM
At the moment I'm just running the tyres the car came on and I run them at 36psi on the road.
I'm hoping to get a set of swamper Q78-16 for my off road tyre and a set of 33 Thompson atz for on road

threedogs
8th May 2013, 02:51 PM
This could be like how long is a piece of string, tyres that are great in say Tassie
may not be any good in the Black soil area in Qld. As I buy my tyres to suit where I would be driving
If I was doing more High country stuff my choice would be different to say picking tyres to do Cape York.
Just A thought

Nutta28
8th May 2013, 03:41 PM
This could be like how long is a piece of string, tyres that are great in say Tassie
may not be any good in the Black soil area in Qld. As I buy my tyres to suit where I would be driving
If I was doing more High country stuff my choice would be different to say picking tyres to do Cape York.
Just A thought

But that is where this is grate because everyone will have there own opinion and they can even say well I like this one in these conditions but if I use it here the are sh1t

threedogs
8th May 2013, 03:54 PM
I've ticked your poll as I've had a good run out of these tyres are they the best????
The best would be Boggers but Shite the noise rattling would drive me bonkers ,plus not legal

Bulbous
8th May 2013, 04:22 PM
I am happy with my Yokohama A/T-S LT 285-75 R16

pbk1776
8th May 2013, 04:40 PM
what about other brands?

I am currently running Buckshots XMT mudders in my D22
bang for the $$$ however it is soft compound and when I
say soft they are soft - I reckon in this rate I will only get
roughly 20,000kms out of them or if lucky 30,000kms

Ben-e-boy
8th May 2013, 04:40 PM
I have some Yokohama Geolanders on the road (31's) the ute looks stupid but besides that, they grip very well in wet and dry as they are a soft compound. For a set of all terrains they hold their own on the rocks. Mine have some serious slices in the side wall from jagged rocks and one can't hold air. They have been abused and I will buy them again.

The off road tyres are Maxxis Trepadores.
I have to be pretty damn impressed by another tyre to change. The bead is good for 12 psi with out locks, unbeatable (IMO) on the rocks and hard surfaces, outdone by the centipedes in the mud. But I hate mud so it doesn't matter.
My only dislike is that when you are on an off camber track and you loose traction they tyres will follow the camber and can put into a bit of trouble, especially if I am complacent.

Frontbumfab
8th May 2013, 05:12 PM
Im running maxxis mudzillas 35x13.5x16 and i love em. There on 16x10s that will hopefully be beadlocked soon. At the moment there at 15 psi at the front and 12 at the rear. Climb up anything sidewalls are great and self clean in mud good. When im up for new tyres the only thing i will change is get 37s instead of 35s or 37x14.5 creepy crawlers

Ben-e-boy
8th May 2013, 05:17 PM
Im running maxxis mudzillas 35x13.5x16 and i love em. There on 16x10s that will hopefully be beadlocked soon. At the moment there at 15 psi at the front and 12 at the rear. Climb up anything sidewalls are great and self clean in mud good. When im up for new tyres the only thing i will change is get 37s instead of 35s or 37x14.5 creepy crawlers

You can't really go wrong if you have a set of Maxxis lol

threedogs
8th May 2013, 05:20 PM
nothing like a set of 37" muddies under a patrol to stir the juices, oohh yeah 37s hhmmmmmmmmmm

Nutta28
9th May 2013, 01:36 AM
Thanks guys for ur insites please keep the comments coming has any one tried something different that not a lot of people are running

Nutta28
9th May 2013, 01:38 AM
nothing like a set of 37" muddies under a patrol to stir the juices, oohh yeah 37s hhmmmmmmmmmm

I'd love to run 37's but there is a bit of work to do to the U first(mainly suspension and bar work)

Tgianni
23rd December 2013, 03:53 PM
I've run a few sets of maxis bighorns, 285/75 16, and have gotten over 60k on both sets. That included a lot of highway k's. A really good tyre in the wet clay and river sand. I was always able to get out of the mud without dropping tyre pressures below 35. Know some blokes that are using federal couragia m/ts and reckon they are great tyres for the coin