PDA

View Full Version : Registration fees

NP99
4th May 2013, 09:25 AM
Time to renew the Patrol rego.......all up $824 for 12 months :(
Queensland once the cheapest state once!

NissanGQ4.2
4th May 2013, 09:28 AM
Yep they sure know how to charge for rego and third party :(

MudRunnerTD
4th May 2013, 09:30 AM
Lol have you seen you new House and Contents insurance?? Mine went from $750 last year to $1400 this year!!!! But includes bonus "flood" cover! Lucky me! I suggested they call is a "Flood Levy" they did not see the funny side!

Shopping around in disgust the closest I could get was $1800 and CGU was $4500!!!! Seriously could not believe it!!!

I live in Victoria!!!!

NP99
4th May 2013, 09:41 AM
Lol have you seen you new House and Contents insurance?? Mine went from $750 last year to $1400 this year!!!! But includes bonus "flood" cover! Lucky me! I suggested they call is a "Flood Levy" they did not see the funny side!

Shopping around in disgust the closest I could get was $1800 and CGU was $4500!!!! Seriously could not believe it!!!

I live in Victoria!!!!

Yes, my house and contents rocked us too. Can't take the gamble on house, but chose to revisit the contents amount.

Stropp
4th May 2013, 11:18 AM
just did 12 myhs on my gu in the west and it was $740 odd if i remember correctly and i complain at that.

taslucas
4th May 2013, 11:25 AM
You poor buggers! I complained about my rego fir the patrol when it went up a bit last year. It's now $660. But to be fair theres bugger all roads down here lol

FanTapstic!

Bob
4th May 2013, 11:34 AM

I live in Victoria!!!!

Just renewed our House Insce through Benigo Bank with CGU
as follows :-

House $346,500 Premium $408.94
Contents $105,000 " $263.13

Total $672.07
GST $ 67.20
S/D $ 73.92

Grand Total $813.19

BigRAWesty
4th May 2013, 11:58 AM
I'm in mount gambier, closest we've had to a flood in 10 years was a blocked drain and one house fits its front step washed... :rolleyes:
Got a letter from sgic stating that the premiums have rissen by $11 a month. If we wanted to keep the $66 a month then our excess would have to raise by $200..
All because of what's been going on up north..
Total BS in my eyes...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NP99
4th May 2013, 12:19 PM
Plus the flood levy, plus the $1000 payment that most bogans ripped the govt off with......

Coldcomfort
4th May 2013, 06:01 PM
In the NT my motorcycle costs $778 for TPI and rego. Patrol costs $898. I think that its about time there was some real competition in the TPI world. Its a simple cash cow for the thieves. I have a property in country Victoiastan (Yea) Insurance on that has gone up 240% in two years!!!

Ben-e-boy
4th May 2013, 06:23 PM
Plus the flood levy, plus the $1000 payment that most bogans ripped the govt off with......

Dont get me started on that, I dont qualify for the flood pay because of my income, (not that I applied for it anyway) also because I could get out my driveway and had electricity (the benifit of being on the hospital grid), The first business day after the floods subsided some dole bludgers next door had their flood payment in there account within 4 hours. They had electricity and could get out their driveway.

Diesel-Mate
4th May 2013, 08:41 PM
My Rego is $1100 for 12 months. Just because I'm under 25

NP99
5th May 2013, 12:26 AM
My Rego is $1100 for 12 months. Just because I'm under 25

I didn't think rego was age based!

Diesel-Mate
5th May 2013, 09:07 AM
Its $470 for my rego and around $600 for green slip

nissannewby
5th May 2013, 11:33 AM
I didn't think rego was age based!

It's not. It's based on vehicle class and engine size. The age thing would be the insurance but everyone's rego is the same.

GU CAMPER
5th May 2013, 02:08 PM
$668 for my rego

$386 for my greenslip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NP99
5th May 2013, 04:54 PM
Its $470 for my rego and around $600 for green slip

I'm guessing you are not in Qld!

Woof
5th May 2013, 09:26 PM
Mine is due on the 25th of this month, $616.60 for 12 months and no green slip

Coldcomfort
6th May 2013, 03:20 PM
Whats a green slip? Is that the road worthy certificate??

NissanGQ4.2
6th May 2013, 03:30 PM
Whats a green slip? Is that the road worthy certificate??

A certificate of third party personal liability insurance, required in order to register a motor vehicle. Also know as CTP.

Has nothing to do with road worthiness, that is another bill *L*

Is also compulsory to have in NSW, not sure on other states

nissannewby
6th May 2013, 03:32 PM
Yeah compulsory in Qld

NissanGQ4.2
6th May 2013, 03:46 PM
Seems to be only NSW, QLD and ACT that needs CTP???

NissanGQ4.2
6th May 2013, 03:53 PM
Seems to be only NSW, QLD and ACT that needs CTP???

Not true, every vehicle in Australia is meant to have CTP: http://www.moneybuddy.com.au/ctp-insurance-a-state-by-state-guide-to-registering-your-car

Bob
6th May 2013, 03:59 PM
In Vic it is called TAC Charge and is included on your Regn Renewal Notice

taslucas
6th May 2013, 04:25 PM
Here is a rego bill for tasmania or "Certificate of Registration and MAIB Premuim. (for a 6 cylinder commodore).

MAIB is Motor vehicle Accident Insurance Board. The scheme provides medical and income benefits on a no fault basis to persons injured in motor vehicle accidents whilst enabling access to common law.
http://www.maib.tas.gov.au/

jack
6th May 2013, 04:51 PM
Mine arrived last week for Vic
Registration Fee 232.30
TAC Charge 327.00
Insurance Duty 32.70

In VIC we have 'no fault' medical/hospital cover, this is the TAC (Transport Accident Commission) charge. It covers you for all medical expenses associated with an accident regardless if it was your own fault, and includes cars that could (or should) be registered in Vic. Means if a drunken/drugged moron runs into you in a stolen or unregistered car your medical is covered. It does not include any property damage, you need to take out separate third party insurance for that.

Coldcomfort
6th May 2013, 04:53 PM
A certificate of third party personal liability insurance, required in order to register a motor vehicle. Also know as CTP.

Has nothing to do with road worthiness, that is another bill *L*

Is also compulsory to have in NSW, not sure on other states

OK thanks for that. We dont have a choice of insurer here in the NT . We have to use TIO. Its a cash cow for them....

taslucas
6th May 2013, 04:59 PM
Mine arrived last week for Vic
Registration Fee 232.30
TAC Charge 327.00
Insurance Duty 32.70

Is that $592 for a Patrol?

jack
6th May 2013, 05:00 PM
Is that $592 for a Patrol?
Yeap, and it's a seven seater.

taslucas
6th May 2013, 05:08 PM
Yeap, and it's a seven seater.

4 cylinder? Thats strange that VIC is cheaper than TAS........ My TB42 is $660 a year in tas

NP99
6th May 2013, 06:03 PM
OK thanks for that. We dont have a choice of insurer here in the NT . We have to use TIO. Its a cash cow for them....

In Qld, they are all about the same in $cost.

nissannewby
6th May 2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah x2. Most will be within 10-20 of each other.

Nutta28
6th May 2013, 11:11 PM
Where lucky here in vic because we don't need a road worthy every year(although it probably would get some old bombs that blow that much oil smoke that you cant breath) off the road. And Tac dose the personal injury insurance part of the rego.
I tell u what I wish we could put rec reg on our cars like we can our bike. I think it's about $70-80 for rec reg on the bike and its the best money I have ever spent because after crashing my bike into a mates shed on his farm just out side Mansfield and shattering my nee just over a year ago I haven't been able to work and Tac has covered all my medical costs and paid me 80% of my before injury wage just because I had rego on my bike(even thoe it's was just rec reg). So as I said its the best money I have ever spent. It well and truly paid for its self just with the ambulance bill let alone the rest.
So u shouldn't be complaining because u never no when u will need to use it

NP99
6th May 2013, 11:56 PM
Where lucky here in vic because we don't need a road worthy every year(although it probably would get some old bombs that blow that much oil smoke that you cant breath) off the road. And Tac dose the personal injury insurance part of the rego.
I tell u what I wish we could put rec reg on our cars like we can our bike. I think it's about $70-80 for rec reg on the bike and its the best money I have ever spent because after crashing my bike into a mates shed on his farm just out side Mansfield and shattering my nee just over a year ago I haven't been able to work and Tac has covered all my medical costs and paid me 80% of my before injury wage just because I had rego on my bike(even thoe it's was just rec reg). So as I said its the best money I have ever spent. It well and truly paid for its self just with the ambulance bill let alone the rest.

Mate, the complaint is the cost! Glad you got coverage.

threedogs
7th May 2013, 04:42 PM
Just received my camper rego $46.50 a year

vfamily
7th May 2013, 05:20 PM
Time to renew the Patrol rego.......all up $824 for 12 months :(
Queensland once the cheapest state once!

Still cheaper than NSW $605.50 green slip plus $470 rego

NissanGQ4.2
7th May 2013, 05:49 PM

Consider yourself lucky that you guys have rec rego on your bikes, I'm pretty damn sure NSW doesn't have it.

I would love to see a rec rego on 4wds, that would solve my problem :)

Edit: I assume Rec is for Recreational????

fracster
7th May 2013, 05:51 PM
Jeez, I thought we got stuffed over here, but you guys are getting robbed.

NissanGQ4.2
7th May 2013, 05:58 PM
Still cheaper than NSW $605.50 green slip plus $470 rego

x2 in NSW, paying about the same for both

vfamily
7th May 2013, 06:09 PM
getting more quotes at the moment

vfamily
7th May 2013, 06:13 PM
getting more quotes at the moment

It was worth the exercise to chase more prices and not accept the renewal I was given, green slip done for $419 plus a $50 fuel voucher that sounds way better than $605

NissanGQ4.2
7th May 2013, 06:36 PM
green slip done for $419 plus a $50 fuel voucher that sounds way better than $605

Who was that thru mate???

vfamily
7th May 2013, 06:59 PM
AAMI the expensive one was nrma

Who was that thru mate???

GU CAMPER
7th May 2013, 07:45 PM
AAMI the expensive one was nrma

X2

I was with nrma but it doubled from last year. Ended up going aami this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
7th May 2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys

yep mine in NRMA and it doesn't surprise me I'm getting ripped, was to lazy to shop around as hopefully in the next few months I won't need it for the Trol anyway :)