PDA

View Full Version : intro

burgo88
4th May 2013, 03:44 AM
Hi my names dayne, fairly new to the 4x world
iive had a bunky gq for a few years but has been claimed by my brother

i bought a ticking time bomb (rd28 gu) and have converted it to rb30, went well for 6 months N/A just no torque but was fine off road at high revs, i turbod it and blew front seal along with rocker gasket and dipstick out... yep she has blow by.

now ive just dropped a r33 nissan GTR rb26dett into it after modding a pickup, sump, engine mount to clear the front turbo and firewall to clear rear turbo. im a rb boy all the way and know alot about them so i ffigured it suited me best. only down side to this conversion is im using the 2.8 box so ill be after a few spare boxes. engine made 388hp @ all 4 wheels in the gtr so im hoping for around the 350rwhp on the 33s. will be my slowest car but its a 4x4 i guess

i come from the tar racing world, have a 500+hp vl turbo (built rb25) and a 515hp ve maloo as a daily so im addicted to power and fuel guzzlers. ive started to love wedge with the shack up there and getting older (25) clubbing bores me a little so tthis conversion must be done. also i have a LS1 at home for a future project possibly another GU patrol??

anyway if anyone has rb questions im here to do my best at helping.

growler2058
4th May 2013, 04:01 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard, gotta good mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

AB
4th May 2013, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, hope you come back and join in the community.

NissanGQ4.2
4th May 2013, 08:13 AM
Welcome 2 the forum Dayne

Hope you stick around now that you have the manual as there is a lot more knowledge / info about Patrols on here than any manual will give you.

Also there is a great bunch of member's on here that are always willing to help out when they can

Cheers

Todd

my third 256
4th May 2013, 08:15 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
4th May 2013, 08:20 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, stick around and jump in anytime, enjoy

Dhuck
4th May 2013, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
4th May 2013, 11:27 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bob
4th May 2013, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Join in the Conversations and enjoy the Ride.

MEGOMONSTER
4th May 2013, 03:15 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Timmo
5th May 2013, 11:24 AM
welcome to the forum........

burgo88
6th May 2013, 03:33 AM
cheers boys, yeah the manual was what got me here but plan to stay and meet up for a few or a few to many jacks on a future wedge trip maybe?

rb26 is in the patrol now, just have to wire it and fab up an exhaust. Cooler goes on tomorrow andthen once its done off to the dyno to see what she actually pulls on 33s haha

rusty_nail
6th May 2013, 09:52 AM
welcome to the forum mate, Heaps of good guys on here and plenty of knowledge to tap into cant wait to see some pics

JimD
10th May 2013, 11:13 PM
welcome to the forum, plenty of helpful info here

burgo88
23rd May 2013, 08:26 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?20621-Introduction-plus-my-GU-RB26DETT-build&p=376501#post376501

theres a link to the build for the guys keen to see it happening. should be running this saturday i hope

DX grunt
23rd May 2013, 08:28 PM
G'day mate. Welcome and great to see another Sandgroper on here.

If you're interested in a local club, try www.westernpatrolclub.com

Take care out there.

Rossco