PDA

View Full Version : Power window control module

taslucas
3rd May 2013, 07:29 PM
Hi guys, a mate of mine just called and asked if i knew where to get a electric window control module as found in the drivers side door of a GQ. He said he'd tried everywhere in australia but had no luck. I dont know bugger all about this so im throwing it out there for all you smarty knowledgeable dudes!

1) Will a module from any model fit? (gq,gu or even pintara, skyline, pathfinder, navara etc)
2) Are they actually that hard to find?
3) He reckons they are around $400 new and wreckers are chasing $250 but they are usually on back order. Does that sound right?

Cheers for any replies:)

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2013, 08:19 PM
Would not have thought so. Should be pretty simple to get.

BigRAWesty
3rd May 2013, 08:21 PM
Does he need the module or the switch bank? They are seperate in the gq..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NissanGQ4.2
3rd May 2013, 08:27 PM
not sure but probably, yep can be, yep yep sounds right, think I paid around the 100-150 mark for mine around 7 - 8 years ago second hand so 250 sounds right

And I wont tell you I have one here somewhere

NissanGQ4.2
3rd May 2013, 08:30 PM
Would not have thought so. Should be pretty simple to get.

You would be very surprised Daz

module or the motors, if you can find them they want $$$$$$$ for it

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2013, 08:32 PM
Tell him to call this bloke.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/03-NISS-PATROL-GU-RHF-ELECTRIC-WINDOW-MASTER-SWITCH-/200913389393?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec75f0751&_uhb=1

TPC
3rd May 2013, 08:34 PM
I would not buy one second hand at that price, could go for short time and stuff up, better off new in my opinion.

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2013, 09:12 PM
When I drowned the GQ way back when that module crapped itself. I pulled it ut and gave it to my neighbour who knew a bloke that was good with circuit boards and stuff. Was a resistor or capacitor or something but $30 and 8 years later still going strong!

I cut open the case allowing access to the board and he did the rest!

taslucas
3rd May 2013, 10:00 PM
Does he need the module or the switch bank? They are seperate in the gq..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Tell him to call this bloke.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/03-NISS-PATROL-GU-RHF-ELECTRIC-WINDOW-MASTER-SWITCH-/200913389393?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec75f0751&_uhb=1

I think he said its the bit inside the door skin? i dont think its the bit with the switches on it? He mentioned it was called the "Amp" or "ant" unit??

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah it's a small black box a little smaller than a cigarette packet in the door. That is the box I had repaired.

If he contacts the bloke from the link above I bet he has the amp box too ;)

Tell him to crack it open and take it into Jaycar and ask the smart fella behind the counter if he wants to make $50 bet he does ;)

taslucas
3rd May 2013, 10:18 PM
thanks darren ill let him know. lol we dont even have jaycar around here but there is a little electronics shop that i think is a jaycar dealer, it should work

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2013, 10:21 PM
I ground the edges of the box off to open the sealed box and then taped it up when I was done. He has nothing to loose, it's knackered ;) so,open it up before he takes it to the guy. Jaycar is neither here or there, the electronics old school bloke is your man mate.

Good luck

NissanGQ4.2
3rd May 2013, 10:29 PM
Tell him to take a pic of it and send it to you so we know what your / he is actually talking about Lucas.

But yeh as Darren said an old skooooool electronics bloke might be able to fix it cheaply

Yendor
4th May 2013, 09:36 AM
What is the problem with his old one?. They do suffer from dry solder joints.

After you open it up have a look at the connections on the printed circuit board, even run a hot soldering iron over all of them.

Mid 90 model Skylines use the same control module.

taslucas
4th May 2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks heaps rod, I only have vague details as to why he wants a new one. I'll pass that on cheers. Probably get hold of a skyline one easier if he actually needs a new one.

FanTapstic!

lachiek
24th May 2013, 03:01 PM
How'd you go with this? If you cracked it open post pic's of the circuit board. All the other boards I've seen in my GQ are really easy to diagnose problems and work on.