PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree tail light instal into gq..

BigRAWesty
3rd May 2013, 05:43 PM
well after looking threw the builds it seams there are only cheap and cheap threads of fitting these lights aftermarket.. Not how i operate sorry.
So i have received the new tower tail lights from patrol'a'part (GU3 look alike for the GQ). Pulled the fakes off and inspected.. Well i see why i always have troubles with the rear bar lights breaking wires.. There exposed, and the loom which goes from chassis to body is in a nice steel flex tube..

So im going to re wire from the plugs just behind rear wheel, split the loom and run new wires to the bar and body.. Both sides..

So i have a heap of 7 core wire, and just ordered 10 6pin water proof plugs.. i wont need 10 so if anyone is keen give me a bell.. So im going to remove stock plugs and loom (lucky i have the body lift...) and re do the lot so when the new rear bar is done it'll be 4 brake, tail and indicators, and 2 reverse lights..
All exposed wire will be run threw the steel flex tube to maximize protection and hopefully ill never have broken wires by stones again... :Yahoo!:

so yea, i know im taking the hard road, but im a perfectionist when it comes to wiring and i need it to last when on the road..

stay tuned..

threedogs
3rd May 2013, 06:28 PM
Tail lights are a pain in the butt,
the only time you know they're blown is when someone tell you

krbrooking
3rd May 2013, 06:41 PM
Well put westy "first time best time" will be keeping an eye on this as I have been looking at doing mine as well. Remember pics,pics,pics.

TD: it does surprise me that we have so many sensors and warnings/alarms especially in the more modern cars and they can't even have some sort of warning that our brake lights of all things aren't Woking.