PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum Late 2006 TD 3.0L Patrol

Al&Bec
3rd May 2013, 10:14 AM
Hi!
We just bought a late 2006 3.0L TD Patrol and my cousin said to jump on and have a look at this forum and said that it is really helpful.

We have already encounter a couple off things that I was wondering if we could get some advise on.
The 1st is a leak in the intercooler ... are we better off replacing, fixing or what?

Also wanting to know if its worth blanking the EGR do they still have issues in this model? I know that the earlier models did, however I thought that the problem was fix in this model ... Don't want to go changing it unless it is needed.

growler2058
3rd May 2013, 10:22 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard, gotta good mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

Bob
3rd May 2013, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the Forum Mate. Join in the conversations and enjoy the ride

threedogs
3rd May 2013, 10:25 AM
Hi Mate and welcome to the Forum, First you may want to fit a pillar pod with boost and EGT guage of your choice.
then you can montor any changes in boost etc as you do mods. As for the IC you can go bigger or just get a TIG welded C/O one.
You may also want to look at fitting a Dawes valve if yours is a Di 3 ltr. EGR block is a good mod as well.Then theres the needle valve.
Plenty of time for mods, jump in anytime and ask away

Maxhead
3rd May 2013, 10:51 AM
G"Day and welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
3rd May 2013, 12:02 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
3rd May 2013, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
4th May 2013, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

my third 256
4th May 2013, 08:16 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Timmo
5th May 2013, 11:18 AM
welcome to the forum........