PDA

View Full Version : buppa rope

Timmo
30th April 2013, 09:46 PM
any one tried this stuff?

Lil Bubba Rope - 3,350kg
Lil Bubba Rope - 3,350kg
Breaking Strength 3,350 kg

12.5mm x 6m long - the best ATV recovery rope on the market. This amazingly strong little snatch rope is ideal for four wheelers, ATVs, UTVs, and side-by-sides. Its compact size stores easily in your gear bag or attached to your utility rack.

See details$82.00 AUD
Bubba Rope - 12,900kg
Bubba Rope - 12,900kg
Breaking Strength 12,900kg

22mm x 9m long - the most popular Bubba!!

With a breaking strength of over 12 tonnes, this recovery rope is ideal for all 4x4s.

Woof
1st May 2013, 12:39 AM
Never heard of it mate

Clunk
1st May 2013, 01:19 AM
Not heard of it either but did find there Aussie site

http://www.bubbarope.com.au/

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Bloodyaussie
1st May 2013, 07:51 AM
Bloody expensive ...........

threedogs
1st May 2013, 08:35 AM
Wasn't there a similar product a few years back ,made from braided rubber, not sure of name but Rhino rings a bell
Looks like a great product BTW, good find

Bob
1st May 2013, 08:58 AM
Looks like it is a lot easier to store than Snatch n Straps.
Might look at investing in one

Maxhead
1st May 2013, 09:09 AM
I like it ...just don't like the price. Hopefully it comes down soon.

threedogs
1st May 2013, 09:13 AM
If its anything like what I'm thinking of its heavy as all get out
. Anyone know the name of the rubber snatch straps from a few years back??

NP99
1st May 2013, 09:30 AM
Can you use it on tow balls :) ...........I'm not serious :)

threedogs
1st May 2013, 09:43 AM
Egg shells,Np99 EGG SHELLS, I think the other straps I've mentioned failed
because of damage done if one lets go, they were very heavy. Just the rubber strap would knock you clean off the ground.
Maybe these are similar and more suited to heavy machinery and not so 4x4 applications.

the evil twin
1st May 2013, 01:48 PM
Another variation/manuf of kinetic rope... looks like their claim to fame is the covering which seems a good idea

Kinetic rope has been around in military/mining/shipping for yoinks now and I recall a thread on here 12 or 18 months back. Look at most pics of yank military trucks etc and you'll see kinetics coiled up on them ready to go (or get nicked by shrapnel and really ready to go):wink:

Agree with the advantages/disadvantages mentioned by others but 12 ton BS for a 4X4 recovery is waaay to high IMHO. I prefer the strap/rope to part long before that stress is applied to the shackles and/or recovery points

threedogs
1st May 2013, 03:30 PM
Thats the stuff ET thanks , Way too strong for civilian use.

teno45
2nd May 2013, 12:20 AM
Looks the goods, quite happy to test one out if people would like to make donations to lower the start up costs!!!

BigRAWesty
2nd May 2013, 04:06 AM
Good old kinetic rope.. a million times better than straps, and a lot more stretch.
Only down fall over a strap is storage, tangles easily as it takes time to compress again and twists and moves while doing so..
And because it has more stretch its prone to more dirt and crap getting in the fibers which does mean shorter life span..

But a lot softer on the vehicles and it stores a lot more kinetic energy

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

the evil twin
2nd May 2013, 04:42 PM
... What Westy said X 2 altho maybe not a million times better but def a "horses for courses" thing.
I'd tend to stay with a strap for a reccy 4WD use but no biggee either way other than $

threedogs
2nd May 2013, 05:05 PM
Might be the go for getting from Melb to Perth in one hit ,,,,,,,,,,,up up and Away