PDA

View Full Version : immobiliser/battery problem gq 4.2 diesel

mark89
30th April 2013, 09:00 PM
Hey people i have a gq ute and on friday immobiliser failed, rac came out told me its common for them its a cheap shit immobiliser and bypassed it for me.
Anyway for a few days it was fine, then monday morning car only just started (battery was nearly dead) drove to work and hazards were on and off the whole time. Get back to car after work batterys completely dead and hazards on again.
Anyway i plugged the switch to my second battery in and all was fine other than hazards on for a bit, and thats what iv been doing now plugging it in then when i stop unplugging it.
Now the immobiliser is disengaged yet still beeps like it did before. So something has drained the main battery basically.
Anyway any suggestions welcome, new immobiliser is happening asap which will probably sort it out but in the meantime hoping its a fuse or relay or something i can unplug to fully disengage old one and keep charge in main battery plus get rid of hazard light issue.
I work 630am to 6pm so booking in for immobiliser is bit difficult at moment.
Sorry if my explaining of the issue isn't clear but hopefully someone gets what im on about

Yendor
2nd May 2013, 02:28 PM
Do you know what RAC bypassed?

The control until is normally mounted above the brake pedal or in the driver side kick panel.

If you unplug the control unit it will stop the hazard lights from flashing and hopefully fix your flat battery issue.

Depending on what the RAC did your vehicle may not start with the control unit unplugged.

If this is the case they normally cut the wires to prevent the vehicle from starting near the ignition switch.

Follow the wires from the control unit up towards the ignition switch. You should see where the original vehicle wires have been cut and connected to the immobiliser wire harness, just reconnect the original wires back together again and the vehicle should start.

You could possibly also have a fault with your alternator or something in your vehicle draining the battery or even a faulty battery.

mark89
2nd May 2013, 10:20 PM
ye they cut a wire on the control unit. The car starts first time every time when i plug the second battery in so the vehicle starts and drives fine so your saying the control unit is plugged in and needs to be unplugged as well as the wire that he cut?
Car has a new alternator 5000ks ago and yeah the hazards only flash when i use main batttery ie rollstart the car everythings normal when i use my second battery.

Yendor
3rd May 2013, 11:48 AM
Disconnecting the module should stop the hazards from flashing and hopefully solve your flat battery issues although I doubt it.

I think you either have a stuffed battery or something is draining the battery when the engine is off, possible the alternator.

Does it still have the original two pin electrical connector at the alternator? or has this been replaced?

What brand of alternator do you have fitted?

mark89
3rd May 2013, 07:42 PM
Not sure mate havent had the car long but have a recipt for alternator 5000ks ago. Havent had time in daylight to check it out will do it this weekend however going away for work next week so for now ill just keep dis and reconnecting the second battery every time i leave it for long periods (hour+) just incase, dont want both batteries drained haha