PDA

View Full Version : For you Tech Heads - Google Glass

NissanGQ4.2
30th April 2013, 07:14 PM
Yeh I want one!

Just not paying the money there going to ask!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rie-hPVJ7Sw

Bloodyaussie
30th April 2013, 07:20 PM
Jesus frickin christ..... we are spoilt aren't we!!!

Maxhead
30th April 2013, 07:21 PM
This product failed before it begun I think. I love google stuff but I can't see this thing taking off at all..

taslucas
30th April 2013, 07:26 PM
yeah its the future baby!

04OFF
30th April 2013, 07:27 PM
How can they make explaining something so cool, so boring ?:smile:

lol

taslucas
30th April 2013, 07:29 PM
This product failed before it begun I think. I love google stuff but I can't see this thing taking off at all..

Go back 50 years and ask people "whats going to take off?". I doubt anyone would have picked our constant attachment to mobile devices.

And before one our older members says "i wont ever be into that", just realise what device you used to make that statement:), your on your way:)

EDIT: Not calling you old Nisshead!!

NissanGQ4.2
30th April 2013, 07:31 PM

lol

yeh steve it was a boring vid, but I still want one

taslucas
30th April 2013, 07:33 PM

lol

lol do you want cheat notes?

NissanGQ4.2
30th April 2013, 07:34 PM

I think this will take of when the prise drops dramatically.

taslucas
30th April 2013, 07:36 PM

like cars i suppose. The first ones were for the very few elite......

Maxhead
30th April 2013, 07:39 PM
Go back 50 years and ask people "whats going to take off?". I doubt anyone would have picked our constant attachment to mobile devices.

And before one our older members says "i wont ever be into that", just realise what device you used to make that statement:), your on your way:)

EDIT: Not calling you old Nisshead!!

Now let have a look at the technology here. What's new???...Well, nothing really

Its bloody ugly but most importantly it won't be socially acceptable to be video or audio recording people around you without their permission, or to be online constantly without others knowing.

FAIL!

threedogs
30th April 2013, 07:39 PM
I'm a luddite and I'm sticking by that. Still trying to get my head around the "APPs" concept

taslucas
30th April 2013, 07:46 PM
Now let have a look at the technology here. What's new???...Well, nothing really

Its bloody ugly but most importantly it won't be socially acceptable to be video or audio recording people around you without their permission, or to be online constantly without others knowing.

FAIL!

Like its not socially accepted to have a 10 mega pixel camera on your mobile phone? Like all the people that are against video surveilance in our shopping malls and roads?
Give it time mate.
I reckon they might be made to put a little red recording light on the front of the glasses

taslucas
30th April 2013, 07:49 PM
I'm a luddite and I'm sticking by that. Still trying to get my head around the "APPs" concept

well not really john, youre on the phone typing in a forum, posting pics, following links. Youre as technologically advanced to your fathers generation as your son seems to you. Ooo thats a bit confusing lol

Maxhead
30th April 2013, 07:55 PM
Like its not socially accepted to have a 10 mega pixel camera on your mobile phone? Like all the people that are against video surveilance in our shopping malls and roads?
Give it time mate.
I reckon they might be made to put a little red recording light on the front of the glasses

Yeah, we know when someone is holding a phone up videoing you or taking a photo. Imagine trying to have a serious conversation knowing you are going straight online or just being recorded..

We are all heading towards bigger screen devices and not smaller. The UX experience sounds good in theory bit what about if you start getting adds popping up in your face constantly disrupting everything you're trying to do.

We all know how good the current voice controls are and how they haven't really taken off because of the failure factor.. ..

Oh yeah, they forgot the phone function

taslucas
30th April 2013, 08:12 PM
well i reckon if i was worried about having a conversation in front of those glasses then id ask them to take them off. Also i think for the next 10 years or so they will be only used to be worn at a certain time (like the go pro revolution). I think it will be a bit longer than that before they are accepted as a constant. If i had to wear glasses for my eyesight then id love the ability to make them work more for me.

04OFF
30th April 2013, 08:14 PM
yeh steve it was a boring vid, but I still want one

Yeh i think i may want one too, it looks great at the start, but just not 100% sure what "it" is, cos what ole mate had on "his" head looked different to the "ad"...... i hit fast forward after glass man was doing his pausing for "effect", gave me 10 mins of my life back to do something else (ha-ha)

lol do you want cheat notes?

Yes please ! :tease: (he-he)

taslucas
30th April 2013, 08:19 PM
10 mins of my life back to do something else (ha-ha)

Lol technology will make something for that one day haha

Maxhead
30th April 2013, 08:25 PM
well i reckon if i was worried about having a conversation in front of those glasses then id ask them to take them off. Also i think for the next 10 years or so they will be only used to be worn at a certain time (like the go pro revolution). I think it will be a bit longer than that before they are accepted as a constant. If i had to wear glasses for my eyesight then id love the ability to make them work more for me.

Yeah I don't know how its going to pan out but my gut feeling is we(society) is trying to move away from constant social media lifestyle but are currently hooked because it all so new.

it would interest me if it was video camera implanted into your eye with video and audio recognition of different places and languages with few zettabytes thrown in for storage with full backup of your life...ROLF

taslucas
30th April 2013, 08:31 PM
it would interest me if it was video camera implanted into your eye with video and audio recognition of different places and languages with few zettabytes thrown in for storage with full backup of your life...ROLF

lol, give it time

Maxhead
30th April 2013, 08:51 PM
lol, give it time

Yep, think BIG!! lol

I like this one, soon to be power point

taslucas
30th April 2013, 08:55 PM
Ha, no word of a lie, this evening i said to my girlfriend: "i bet by the time my grandkids have laptops, they will laugh at us for living in the days when we had cords and chargers"

BigRAWesty
1st May 2013, 12:46 AM
Did anyone actually notice there was no glass.. there just a frame with a tiny mobile phone cp on the side..
Throw on some transition lenses and it would be good..

But wow, I mist admit technology is leaping ahead.. can't be far off of launching man to moon again, just to capture it in HD..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Woof
1st May 2013, 01:43 AM
OK, who the hell is TED and what is it all about?????????????? lost me, I have no idea what he was talking about...........is it some sort of new age pirate eye patch??

BigRAWesty
1st May 2013, 03:37 AM
OK, who the hell is TED and what is it all about?????????????? lost me, I have no idea what he was talking about...........is it some sort of new age pirate eye patch??

I think Ted is like the late night talk back show for geeks..

And yes, its a digital eye patch.. ;)

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NissanGQ4.2
1st May 2013, 06:06 AM
Did anyone actually notice there was no glass.. there just a frame with a tiny mobile phone cp on the side..
Throw on some transition lenses and it would be good..

Is that better Kallen?

Maxhead
1st May 2013, 07:04 AM
TED - http://www.ted.com/pages/about conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design

And as far as the actual glasses, Google is talking to likes of RayBan and other makers to be able to intemperate the gimmick into the sunnies ;)

taslucas
1st May 2013, 07:58 AM

We'll tell ya in 17 days:)

BigRAWesty
1st May 2013, 09:33 AM
Is that better Kallen?

Much. Look so much better

TED - http://www.ted.com/pages/about conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design

And as far as the actual glasses, Google is talking to likes of RayBan and other makers to be able to intemperate the gimmick into the sunnies ;)

So they will be $1500 a pair once all knobs put there name on them...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Maxhead
5th November 2014, 07:32 AM
Anyone seen these worn yet...LMFAO!

Maxhead
19th June 2016, 09:33 AM
Gee these things took off, hey :)

NissanGQ4.2
19th June 2016, 09:47 AM

Someones bored this morning *L*

Maxhead
19th June 2016, 10:56 AM
Someones bored this morning *L*

You got it in one [emoji3]

….................... On the move

BigRAWesty
21st June 2016, 07:54 AM
Fark spending $1500 on glasses.. I've got a lift kit to save for. .