PDA

View Full Version : Long TIme Owner, First Time Forum Member

Elle
19th December 2010, 10:54 PM
Hi All ..
I am a long time owner of a Nissen Patrol ..I am the second owner of a manual petrol 92 TI model ... having bought it in 2004 ... Its green and silver ..

We chose this car in preference to a Pajero, mainly because of reliability and leg room .. with 4 children to transport and all in the 5'11" height range .. we needed the extra leg room in the back ..

I have had some fabulous trips in it .including . having driven complete with camping trailor and two teen age daughter on a 28 day trip to Ayres Rock and back ..we managed 10,000 klm in 26 days and saw quite a bit of the countryside.

To date I have had to replace the cluch, the day before a week trip to Batemand Bay for holidays and the radiator, also immediately before a holiday trip ..... and the beast is still going strong with over 320000 k on the clock ..

But recently it has started showing an orange light on the dash board, when its under power ... and im at a loss to know what this is happening for ..

Hopefully someone might be able to help me out ...

Elle .. NSW (Liverpool)

Finly Owner
19th December 2010, 10:58 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Elle.
I think, I don't have your model, that it may be a clean air filter warning light.

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
19th December 2010, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Elle,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has to offer.

Have replied to your thread, not sure if its the light your taking about but sounds like the same problem

Cheers

Todd

Woof
19th December 2010, 11:03 PM
Welcome Elle, enjoy the forum...........have no idea about the warning light but someone will have a answer for you.

AB
20th December 2010, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Elle, good choice over the Pajero.

You may get a better response to questions if you post them in the right categories as a lot of people dont read the introductions section.

Enjoy!

Bigrig
20th December 2010, 01:12 PM
g'day mate - welcome aboard. As said, heaps of useful information, heaps of great people and a good laugh to be had also. As per Tim above, that orange light (if sort of slightly off centre to the right of the centre of your steering wheel on the dash cluster) is more than likely the air filter warning light.

wildgu6
20th December 2010, 06:56 PM
Welcome to Trol town Elle,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

If you have a chip ?? added it can create havick sometimes with the comp system showing warning lights,or turbo timers wired up with sub tank can also do the same ???

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

patch697
21st December 2010, 09:40 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Sir Roofy
21st December 2010, 02:05 PM
welcome to the forum could be air filter light
best of luck roofy

DX grunt
21st December 2010, 06:06 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Maxhead
24th December 2010, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the forum Elle
Have a Merry and safe Christmas