PDA

View Full Version : new member workshop manual

dmshepherd1988
28th April 2013, 05:10 PM
gday i live in the nt and have a 2004 gu2 patrol cab chassis leaf rear. 2 in ironman lift, winch, uhf, and all the other standard gear like snorkel, lights etc. just joined this site because i need a workshop manual. i was out camping a couple of months ago and and a mate got bogged. when i tried to snatch him out the recovery point on his patrol sheered off and came rocketing to my ute at about Mk96. hit the rear off the rear diff housing, dented it into the crown wheel and then that let a couple of teeth fly. then damaged the pinion. pulled off the tail shaft and the axles out and got towed the 200kms home :( finally got all the parts i need because they had to come from japan (toyota has plenty of spares for their diffs in aus because they always break). jusT putting it all together this today (sunday arvo) and i need to know the back lash and torque settings. if anyone can help me out with my minimum 25 posts before downloading anything that'll help. cheers

93patrol
28th April 2013, 05:20 PM
g'day mate hope you get it all sorted.

if you want to get your posts up quickly just welcome a few people in the intro sections and it will be done in no time or join in the conversations and youll hit 25 real quick

Dhuck
28th April 2013, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MC97GQ
28th April 2013, 05:43 PM
Mate,

Welcome aboard,

Also based on your own personal experience do a search on using snatch straps on towballs and you will realize how lucky you guys were.

Enjoy the forum, stick around and you will have that manual in no time.

Mark

Bloodyaussie
28th April 2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome aboard mate..............??

Maxhead
28th April 2013, 06:08 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
28th April 2013, 06:35 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forum ;You certainly are lucky no one
was injured, Jump in anytime and enjoy

growler2058
28th April 2013, 07:18 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard, gotta good mob here fulla great info and advice

MEGOMONSTER
28th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

jack
28th April 2013, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, nearly 7 hours since your single post looking for a manual. As previously suggested participate in a few discussions and you'll have 25 posts up in no time. You never know you might want to hang around, it's a great forum with lots of knowledge.

my third 256
29th April 2013, 07:03 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Gqmonster
29th April 2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome mate. I too am in a similar boat to you, chasing specs etc... Have found much useful info on this site.

polaris
4th May 2013, 11:46 AM
Hello and welcome. I am here for the same reason, but I have found most of the answers by just reading the forum. It contains an amazing amount of info!

AB
5th May 2013, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Timmo
5th May 2013, 11:26 AM
welcome to the forum........

polaris
5th May 2013, 03:37 PM
Hello.
Of course I'll help :)

JimD
5th May 2013, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. Had a similar experience a few years ago when a half in chain broke. I have been extract cautious ever since.

rusty_nail
6th May 2013, 09:54 AM
welcome to the forum mate, Heaps of good guys on here and plenty of knowledge to tap into cant wait to see some pics

Bob
6th May 2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Join in and enjoy

rusty_nail
6th May 2013, 10:04 AM
gday i live in the nt and have a 2004 gu2 patrol cab chassis leaf rear. 2 in ironman lift, winch, uhf, and all the other standard gear like snorkel, lights etc. just joined this site because i need a workshop manual. i was out camping a couple of months ago and and a mate got bogged. when i tried to snatch him out the recovery point on his patrol sheered off and came rocketing to my ute at about Mk96. hit the rear off the rear diff housing, dented it into the crown wheel and then that let a couple of teeth fly. then damaged the pinion. pulled off the tail shaft and the axles out and got towed the 200kms home :( finally got all the parts i need because they had to come from japan (toyota has plenty of spares for their diffs in aus because they always break). jusT putting it all together this today (sunday arvo) and i need to know the back lash and torque settings. if anyone can help me out with my minimum 25 posts before downloading anything that'll help. cheers

welcome to the forum mate, wow what a story, just FYI, there are ZERO recovery points on the patrols from the factory! any hooks are there for transport from the factory that is all! so be careful you coulda killed someone!!!