PDA

View Full Version : Air con belt

Parksy
28th April 2013, 03:35 PM
Hi all

Bought some replacement belts for my tb42e gq but the ac belt does not fit. It's size is 13a0900. I was just wondering if anyone knows the correct size belt is for this application?

Cheers

Andy

threedogs
28th April 2013, 07:30 PM
Have a search Parksy this was a recent thread, some belt sizes were out and correct ones given,
Cuppa is the man on this one

Parksy
28th April 2013, 07:42 PM
Cheers 3d, I did find this thread, http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18718-Drive-belts-from-Ebay-are-too-long but it didn't give me an indication of what would best suit my application.

Cuppa
28th April 2013, 07:53 PM
Cheers 3d, I did find this thread, http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18718-Drive-belts-from-Ebay-are-too-long but it didn't give me an indication of what would best suit my application.

I was just about to direct you to that thread. I know it doesn't tell you what length belt you need for your motor, but it does give you a heads up that the belt manufacturers catalogues are not necessarily correct as well as explaining what the part numbers mean. We don't know if the belt you have is too short or too long, so if no one can give you the specific info you could place some rope of similar dimensions around the pulleys & then measure it in mm's. Stick 13A in front of that measurement & you'll be pretty close to the part no. you need.

Cuppa

Parksy
28th April 2013, 08:01 PM
Cheers Cuppa. The 900mm is too short for mine and unfortunately the old belt isn't readable to get its size. Might have to try the rope idea.

Cheers

Winnie
28th April 2013, 08:11 PM
When I bought belts for my TB42e the guy at Bursons said that there were two possible sizes, so I bought both and returned the one I didn't use.

Parksy
28th April 2013, 08:23 PM
That's interesting Winnie. Might have to talk to an auto parts shop and see if they have 2 options. I'll know which one would most likely fit, so long as both aren't bigger than 900mm.