PDA

View Full Version : Don't use AIR CON, want to remove system. What can I take out, what needs to stay

soulburner2000
26th April 2013, 07:40 PM
Hi. GQ auto on dual fuel. Air con has never worked since purchase, and I don't want it on the vehicle.

Can anyone tell me what's good to remove as well as what needs to stay. It doesn't look like too much needs to stay - compressor maybe?

MudRunnerTD
26th April 2013, 07:45 PM
remove all of it. take out the compressor and do a Net search on converting that compressor to an Endless air and refit it. In a heart beat! 4cfm your done.

BigRAWesty
26th April 2013, 09:42 PM
X2 with Mr. Keep the compressor and turn into endless air.. those compressors crank 400L/m and above 600psi I have been told.. stuff ya arb junk... ;) this'll pump a flat 40" tyre up in 30 seconds...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

soulburner2000
27th April 2013, 12:52 PM
no worries guys, thanks for that. Seems to be a decent amount of info around on endless air conversion - I'll check it out

threedogs
27th April 2013, 04:21 PM
Once converted you can use rattle guns out in the bush, I used the one on PGS comp truck years ago
awesome amount of air, would recommend fitting and air tank, but yeah great accessory to have, You could air
up 4 trucks in under 15 mins, great for cleaning air filters, you name it.

soulburner2000
27th April 2013, 07:22 PM
so much more room to work already....

threedogs
28th April 2013, 08:40 PM
I thought they were ok to use straight off but needed some kind of lubrication
and away you went, but at least you'll have all brackets,
Highly recommend keeping compressor for endless air style air,
101 uses out in the bush , plus if you go this way plumb in front and rear
outlets, from a tank with a pressure switch, you'll love it.

soulburner2000
29th April 2013, 02:49 PM
it's plugged and in storage for now....got bigger fish to fry before I get to 'wants'

GQ TANK
29th June 2013, 11:50 AM
You only needed to remove the fan belt (and only if the bearings where noisy). The rest could have stayed on the truck - unless you needed the space for another project.

I surprised you removed it considering where you are located.

Personally I would have had the system fixed

soulburner2000
5th July 2013, 04:55 PM
It didn't work when I purchased the vehicle, and just kept getting in the way when I was working on other stuff. Much more room in the engine bay without it all in there and it can always go back in if I change my mind. Won't be for a while now though - I deregistered it a week or so ago as I was sick of trying to fix the auto. Bought a suzuki swift to get around.......will go back to the Patrol in a year or 2 and try again.