PDA

View Full Version : Egt,boost,inlet air temp sensors

Flippa
25th April 2013, 07:56 PM
Have finally finished installing EGT, boost and inlet temp sensors that I got from the states can record these against throttle position and RPM to analyse on PC. Next step is to block EGR and install dawes valve
Added screen print of recorded data, yet to get some info when towing the boat.

bill85
30th April 2013, 08:16 PM
very impressive for a beginner flippa, i would be interested in which OBD/Consul system you are using .

Maxhead
30th April 2013, 09:09 PM
Very nice! as above what system are you using to record data?

teno45
2nd May 2013, 12:24 AM
Looks the goods! Very keen to hear more about it. Im slowly piecing together something myself that will start off with the basics of logging (only whats available by OBD2), then build up to EGT etc.

Flippa
3rd May 2013, 11:02 PM
The unit is made by Zeitronix with the system being a Zt-2 with the LCD screen, also available are the round digital gauges, many options, was looking at what was available locally but the price you pay just for a pyro gauge and basic digital readout, with these you can record data to a micro SD and review the data on you computer to see max boost and get an idea of spool up rate as well, the digital display shows live data, bit of mucking around installing sensors and getting wires through the fire wall but the display looks good I think sitting on top of the stearing column, I also have an alarm/light unit that is programable to trigger for an over boost or high egt etc, I tested this in the driveway the night I finished installing it with a trigger for 1500RPM and forgot to turn it off again, was pretty annoying the next day driving in to work. Look them up on the net, quite a few options for both sensors and displays.

bill85
4th May 2013, 05:25 PM
Excellant,not sure what you do for a crust but CSIRO needs you now!.for years I have kept away from the dreaded black box but its now a case of bite the bullet or pay. I will check out Zeitronix but thank you again for the info

nipagu7
5th May 2013, 04:09 PM
hi flippa.
your new gear looks the goods , might get this myself .
does the led display block out much of the car instruments . I checked out zeitronics website .
Can your zt-2 unit read the patrols obdII outputs . from what i could see it doesn't and you would need the dashdaq II unit to do this , or do you have that also

Flippa
7th May 2013, 10:01 PM
G'day nipagu7,
The digital display covers the view to the odometer and clock on the dash, still have clear view of the tachometer and speedo. I haven't got the Dashdaq unit as it was getting a bit pricy with the air, boost and egt sensors I needed, had to spot solder onto wires on the ECU loom to get throttle position and RPM via crank position sensor. Maybe a future purchase.