PDA

View Full Version : maf sensor

Stokezi
24th April 2013, 05:40 PM
Hi has anyone used a universal maf sensor.If so have there been any problems with them on zd30 gu3

Sir Roofy
24th April 2013, 06:07 PM
If you want your truck to last i suggest that you use oe parts
not saying the maf your asking about isnt any good but its best
to stick with the original as its pre set for the z3o

patroljock52
25th April 2013, 05:30 AM
recently fitted a new guts to my Maf sensor oe part - bought on ebay UK - £39.00 sterling - what a difference - everything now runs like a dream and the old truck is pulling up hill & dale like new

Stokezi
25th April 2013, 09:12 AM
just wondering would a universal maf cause my truck to blow black smoke, l have now ordered a new one

Sir Roofy
25th April 2013, 10:18 AM
just wondering would a universal maf cause my truck to blow black smoke, l have now ordered a new one

im not sure of that sounds like it maybe causeing it to over fuel or could be a number of things
causeing it

threedogs
25th April 2013, 10:29 AM
Over fueling or loose hose may cause black smoke plus high EGTs

@Patroljock52 More details please sounds interesting

happygu
25th April 2013, 10:55 AM
Stokezi,

If you are replacing an old MAF with a new genuine one, i would say go for it.

If you are trying to find a cheaper replacement, I would be hesitant to advise you that it was a good idea........

I think that faulty MAFs have been the cause of quite a few failures along with Glowplug Tips

Mic

patroljock52
26th April 2013, 04:53 AM
Hi threedogs - I run two Patrols - one LWB & one SWB both ZD30 engines - have had many interesting challenges with both - mostly to do with performance - LWB 2001, SWB 2003 - there are subtle differences between both engines which even the local Nissan nurds Dealership 'computer says no' so called mechanics don't even know - my LWB has for two years had a performance problem especially when towing heavy loads - power drop off uphill between 2nd & 3rd, engine management light always coming on - changed all vac hoses and many other silly parts while always thinking it was a vac problem and turbo not getting the message and of course the age old question should I block the EGR - have had this mother off three times for cleaning etc and still no difference - reading one of the many forums I thought the MAF change is worth a try - Nissan dealer wanted £130 sterling for a new sensor - research on ebay UK produced a guy who supplies the guts for most MAF sensors - simple, 2 cross head screws to remove old sensor - slot new one in and reconnect terminals - BINGO - my truck now runs like new with no problems whatsoever - any other info I will gladly supply as over the last 5 years I have dismantled and rebuilt most of the running gear, brake systems etc etc - all the best Patroljock