PDA

View Full Version : Clutches

patrol2.8
24th April 2013, 02:09 PM
getting quotes on clutches and had different recomendations which is better excedy or clutch industries

SupRob
24th April 2013, 02:20 PM
excedy is my best IMO,

What year and model of the motor is it, and is it single or dual mass flywheel?

patrol2.8
24th April 2013, 02:51 PM
ITS A 1998 gu 2.8 turbo diesel excedy kit is NSK-7336SMF clutch ind is DMR2312N IM CONVERTING FROM DMF TO SMF car is still on original clutch 200,000ks and has just started slipping as in still goes through the gears with no prblems but has started slipping when cruising and just need a bit more power revs go up and car speed doesnt for a few seconds

mudski
24th April 2013, 07:09 PM
I have a CI 4Terrain kit in mine. Can't fault it. You cant go wrong either way with the 4Terrian or the Tuff Clutch(think thats what its called) from Exedy.

patrol2.8
24th April 2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys been quoted 2200/2300 with rear main seal fitted for excedy and best price for ci is 2100 including the rear main have got quotes from 4 different places and not one place has reccommended going for the heavy duty clutches they all told me that for the extra cost its not worth it what are your opinons

Dales300exc
24th April 2013, 08:38 PM
I run a 4 terrain, mainly because i got it at a good price. But can not fault.

healy
24th April 2013, 08:57 PM
Heavy duty is the way to go mate especially for the tracks or towing etc go a standard if your part of the toorak tractor crowd George what's your opinion lol

patrol2.8
24th April 2013, 10:55 PM
Thanks Healy dont think i could be classed as part of the toorak tractor crowd lived in victoria all my life and wouldnt even know where toorak was hahahahahahaha

patrol2.8
26th April 2013, 03:01 PM
Ok so after getting quote after quote and comming in at the prices listed before for a standard smf clutch conversion ive got a quote for a safari tuff clutch conversion kit supplied and fitted including rear main seal for $1950:00 the guy gets huge raps from the farmers i work with so should i go with this what do you guys think

Winnie
26th April 2013, 03:03 PM
Sounds dear to me. I got a 4terrain clutch installed for 1300

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

patrol2.8
26th April 2013, 05:01 PM
yeahi thought that but ive rung nearly all the clucth places around my area (been chasing prices for 2 weeks now) and even some the other side all came in around the 2200 mark for the standard clutch fitted so going by that ive decided to get it done only found one place that fitted the ci 4terrain and they said why bother with it only about 10% better than the standard clutch and about 35% dearer actually all the places that i rang also said the safari tuff clutch wasnt worth the money either so going by that i figured the tuff clutch fitted for that price is better than a standard at the same price

GQ TANK
28th April 2013, 02:19 PM
Give ringwood auto or Sunbury brake & clutch a call - they seem to be the cheapest around for kits.

Are you going to do it your self or pay someone?

patrol2.8
29th April 2013, 05:12 PM
Give ringwood auto or Sunbury brake & clutch a call - they seem to be the cheapest around for kits.

Are you going to do it your self or pay someone?
Sunbury brake n clutch were the cheapeast price ive got 1950 is supplied and installed for the tuff clutch including flywheel and rear main hope to have car back this week

patrol2.8
5th May 2013, 10:59 PM
Ended up with an outback extreme heavy duty clutch havnt really noticed anything different between the the new smf and th\e old dual mass except that the smf is actually lighter in the pedal than the duall