PDA

View Full Version : rear main seal advice

GU4PLAY
23rd April 2013, 11:37 PM
hi all has anyone done a rear main seal themselves on a zd30 auto if so how hard is it can't quite make it out from the manual . please help if you can :icon_bonk:

MudRunnerTD
23rd April 2013, 11:38 PM
Gearbox comes out. It weighs 300kgs+

Stokezi
24th April 2013, 10:13 PM
if you take the auto gearbox out make sure you unbolt the torgue converter from fly wheel before removing the box

GU4PLAY
25th April 2013, 01:03 AM
thanks for the info guys .nissan reckon it's a two day job ,i guess thats one way to rack the labour. While working for arb one of the guys spiked a wire in the main harness of a navara ,was only noticed at nissan dealer but when they contacted us we told them exactly where to look they took 21 hours of labour looking everywhere else apart from where we said and wanted to charge us $5000 to change harness but took us 5 minutes to fix the problem with solder and electrical tape Hence the reason i'm thinking of doing it my self!

GQ TANK
27th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Personally I would pull the motor - less chance of dropping something heavy on your self

Dales300exc
28th April 2013, 09:49 AM
You really need a transmission jack. Ive had mine out twice of a gq. Didnt split the tranny and transfer case. Next time i would. So hard to manoeuvre through the tunnel with the transfer attached!

GQ TANK
28th April 2013, 02:22 PM
Im going to be pulling my donk ut on my gq in the next copuple of weeks to do the clutch - I have a gantry & block & tackle - eaiser and safer