PDA

View Full Version : Car not driving with full revs in gear... when reving low it moves. Gearbox sounds to

Fordy1986
23rd April 2013, 09:57 PM
Was driving to work the other day and had my car "Nissian Patrol ST 2000 model 3ltr Int Turbo Diesel" all of a sudden it revved out asif it was not in gear... i then accelerated slowly and it begin to go good again till it revved out. It seems asif the car is motionless but engine is working fine... asif its somehow disconnected from the gearbox or some issue with the cluth? not entirly sure.. Had the RAA check it out and he had no clue. Cluth seems slightly tight but gears seem ok still happens when going out of first onward through all the gears...

was wondering if anyone has had similar issues? A mate said it could be suspect gearbox or clutch issues... was also wondering and reconditioned prices if you lads know anyone good even in SA if possible.

Cheers if you boys can help!

Woof
23rd April 2013, 10:02 PM
Sounds like the clutch mate.
Before asking for any assistance we like everyone to post up an introduction, gets everyone on side from the start http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Fordy1986
23rd April 2013, 10:04 PM
Cheers Bloke. Quiet new to this thread business will get involved with the intro now. Cheers.

happygu
23rd April 2013, 10:07 PM
The clutch is the only thing it can be, if there are no other crunching noises......and it is manual gearbox I presume....

It is going to be a gearbox out, new clutch in I think.

Mic

Fordy1986
23rd April 2013, 10:12 PM
Sounds like some small noises from the gearbox itself... but either way its asif its not in gear when driving over 10KM +... gets the mometum up and just revs out and drops out... Had to stagger it home about 3km since i wasnt in a good spot for RAA to collect! Always happens when your in the middle of know where! Cheers for the helpful ideas boys! after the ANZAC Day Drinks ill have to book her in friday. Any idea what a HD clutch is worth for the patrol?

happygu
23rd April 2013, 10:23 PM
For quality components and labour... I hope you are sitting down

Clutch with Dual Mass flywheel can be over $3000 fitted .....

Clutch with Single Mass will be around $2000 fitted .....

Fordy1986
23rd April 2013, 10:25 PM
Lets hope its the poor clutch then! I have some savings but willing to burn to get the green machine back to a healthy standard! Cheers happygtu!

Woof
23rd April 2013, 10:44 PM
Look around at the 4x4 mechanics with a good reputation, got a price from a Nissan Dealer to do my GQ and wanted $3,000,,,,,got it done from $1,700 at the 4x4 mechanics

Kelvinator
28th April 2013, 03:30 AM
Been through much mud lately? I had a navara come in with the exact same issue and it was the clutch fork stuck in a mud filled bellhousing. Only way to drive it was in low range revving on and off the throttle and could only get about 5km/hr out of it. Its not all that likely but i'd definatly get it checked out before you lashed out for a new clutch