PDA

View Full Version : price

PATROL KING
23rd April 2013, 07:54 PM
What is the going price for a ZD30 head gasket fix ? Drive in drive out .
Last time I got one done , 60000klms ago , i got charged $7500 including new head , water pump, new radiator and new glow plugs.
This time different mechanics its $2300 DIDO and $2700 with new head DIDO.
Did the first mechanic take me for ride or is the second mechanic under quoting to get the job ?

nissannewby
23rd April 2013, 09:30 PM
First one took you for a ride.

TurboOne
23rd April 2013, 10:10 PM
Is this one doing all the same or only the head gasket?

happygu
23rd April 2013, 10:17 PM
I'm afraid you were fleeced at $7500 the first time, although it may have been all genuine parts which cost a little more ......

Price seems really cheap for the second fix....probably non-genuine parts, but going by the track record, it probably won't hurt you anyway as the genine parts haven't lasted the distance.

The main question is why have you done two head gaskets in such a small period of time. Is there any reason for it?

You would hate for it to happen again.

Mic

SupRob
23rd April 2013, 11:39 PM
which mechanic have you received a quote from?

NP99
24th April 2013, 01:13 AM
Ouch!!!

PATROL KING
24th April 2013, 05:52 AM
I'm afraid you were fleeced at $7500 the first time, although it may have been all genuine parts which cost a little more ......

Price seems really cheap for the second fix....probably non-genuine parts, but going by the track record, it probably won't hurt you anyway as the genine parts haven't lasted the distance.

The main question is why have you done two head gaskets in such a small period of time. Is there any reason for it?

You would hate for it to happen again.

Mic
First time with all genuine parts, head alone(bare) was 2K .
Same mechanics replaced injection pump 3 months ago and had been chasing oil and water leaks from the time of receival.Finally they admitted to not doing the job correctly and redid the job again . But unfortunately in this time with the rad being emptied and refilled 4 times one time must have been low and has caused the head gasket to fail .

SupRob
24th April 2013, 08:50 AM
What parts do you need? buy the parts yourself and pay for labour? As mechanics always add some good mark up to the parts.

He would of put $500+ mark up on that head unless he has bad suppliers.